mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif xs/ xf: create your custom piano"

Posted on: November 06, 2011 @ 09:07 PM
benoit
Total Posts:  173
Joined  08-19-2009

Hello,
This is my first post. Please forgive any mistakes in english.

I am creating user piano patches from the XF factory rom for me, and after diving into the several piano waveforms, (CF3/ and S6) I ve found out that there are amazing possibilities to customize the patches and create very full and interesting piano sounds I never thought would be possible on the motif. The CF 3 samples alone contains 43 layers of multisamples (with mono samples)each of them sounds very different! The factory presets only use very few waveforms, mostly the stereo ones. I recommend listening to the stereo - or stereo + waveforms for instance.
All in all, it is truly amazing what can be done, further refining the intended sound with filters and EQ.

Does anyone knows if each waveform multisample layer are different recordings, or are they other mic positions of the same recordings?

There is nothing to be found in the manual regarding factory data.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2011 @ 10:34 PM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011

This information isn’t clearly documented which is a shame when you’re programming your own VOICES. However, you can read those threads, as well as the links included:

- Meaning of waveform suffixes
- Understanding how ROM samples are named

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2011 @ 11:24 PM
benoit
Total Posts:  173
Joined  08-19-2009

Thanks a lot!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ loading vintage keys
Next Topic: