mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "a/d microphone mic/line help! plz"

Posted on: October 27, 2011 @ 01:22 PM
androcci
Total Posts:  24
Joined  10-27-2011

i bought the motif xf8 yesterday. Is my first profetional synth. i bought a mic and i plugged it into the left side of the a/d but for some reason my voice only comes out from the left side of the speaker but the other doesn’t work. they both work when i play any instrument, but when i start to sing it only comes out from one speaker. anyone has any idea how to fix this or do i need another type of microphone?

im new to this staff im confused. =/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2011 @ 01:34 PM
ozio01
Total Posts:  106
Joined  05-19-2010

Had similar problem.

See here.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/456715

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2011 @ 01:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
androcci - 27 October 2011 01:22 PM

[...]i bought a mic and i plugged it into the left side of the a/d but for some reason my voice only comes out from the left side of the speaker but the other doesn’t work. [...]

It depends what mode you’re in.

For Voice mode, press [UTILITY], [F4], [SF1]
Set A/D Input, Mono/Stereo to “L mono”

See page 226 of the XF Reference Manual (PDF file on disc) for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2011 @ 02:10 PM
androcci
Total Posts:  24
Joined  10-27-2011
5pinDIN - 27 October 2011 01:45 PM
androcci - 27 October 2011 01:22 PM

[...]i bought a mic and i plugged it into the left side of the a/d but for some reason my voice only comes out from the left side of the speaker but the other doesn’t work. [...]

It depends what mode you’re in.

For Voice mode, press [UTILITY], [F4], [SF1]
Set A/D Input, Mono/Stereo to “L mono”

See page 226 of the XF Reference Manual (PDF file on disc) for details.

thank you man the setting is

mono/stereo. [L+R Mono]

thanks everyone. im going to annoy you more lol cuz im new here =P

edit: cool now.

im figuring out how to connect my fx8 to my pc with cubase. =/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
androcci - 27 October 2011 02:10 PM

thank you man the setting is

mono/stereo. [L+R Mono]

You’re welcome, but the setting I gave before is the correct one. The one you’re using will work, but it may unnecessarily introduce some noise.

“L mono” will take input from the left channel, and provide mono output to both left and right channels.

“L+R mono” will take input from both left and right, and provide mono output to both channels. Since you have a signal at the left A/D input, but none at the right, L+R will sum the left input signal and any noise from the right.

It might not make a lot of difference, but “L mono” is the proper setting when you have signal only at the left input and want output to both channels.

Note to Motifator Webmaster: It seems that use of an ampersand in the text is misinterpreted. “L+R” has to be used in place of “L&R;”. Otherwise, an unintended “;” is added, as can be seen.

[ Ignore ]