mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF prices dropping….????  WHY???"

Page 1 of 6
Posted on: October 23, 2011 @ 11:20 PM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005

Why are the XF prices dropping?  I just saw a XF8 that sold on eBay that was still sealed in the box.  It sold for a best offer of $2000 and it had $49 shipping.

That’s kinda insane.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 02:09 AM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011

eBay always has pretty good deals and that’s the reason I usually buy there… however that really was an incredible deal… almost 42% off the price. However, checking the seller’s store, they don’t sell musical instruments at all, so that would be a reason to let it go that cheap.

About the other great deal you got with your Motif XF7, that’s something rather interesting… 35% off the price and this is an AD, right? IMHO, there have not been too many of those deals and it’s more usual to get about 15% off the price.

At last, there are rumors about a new flagship workstation for Yamaha and we just had many weeks without the moderators, just a few weeks ago… other guys say this is a clear signal about a new product arriving. Motif XF has been on the market for just a little more than a year and I think it’s too little time to release a new flagship. For Motif line, the minimum time a product has been on market before being replaced is for 2 years (Motif Classic to Motif ES) and after this, we have time frames of 3 years (XS to XF) and 4 years (ES to XS). But for a new flagship coming, I can’t be sure.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 02:38 AM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

I would love to see something totally new from YAMAHA, that’s NOT related to their current models of workstation/keyboards/modules.

Something very fresh, and innovative, just like they did in the past with many of their very successful products. 

Who knows, maybe they plan to do it once again in 2012 ?

Go YAMAHA GO !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 03:35 AM
maahou
Total Posts:  106
Joined  07-18-2011

a motif with an ipad screen inside,10 sound engines, and 8 arpeggios at the same time !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 06:39 AM
kevland1
Total Posts:  1107
Joined  11-06-2005

I would think if something is getting ready to break it would be an entirely new board. Besides, what else could they possibly do with the XS/XF line..they’ve done it all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 08:08 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004
Apex - 23 October 2011 11:20 PM

Why are the XF prices dropping?  I just saw a XF8 that sold on eBay that was still sealed in the box.  It sold for a best offer of $2000 and it had $49 shipping.

That’s kinda insane.

I don’t know that Ebay is a good baramoter of this. At least not without significant adjustments by the retailers. For instance, there is a slight modification of the price @ Guitar Center of about $150, (which could be rather nice with one of the 15% off coupons or a lot of negoitiating). But, there is no change @ Sweetwater, American Music Supply, Sam Ash or Zzounds.

So, despite Ebay, I not seeing evidence of anything other than a bad economy…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 10:25 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

motif8mine is right on the money about this. XF prices aren’t “dropping”
significantly. These people that are selling them at lowball prices are
either desperate musicians trying to collect some cash, or unscrupulous “dealers” who are probably trying to dump grey market units.

C’mon, guys...wake up.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 02:59 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
DavePolich - 24 October 2011 10:25 AM

[...]These people that are selling them at lowball prices are
either desperate musicians trying to collect some cash, or unscrupulous “dealers” who are probably trying to dump grey market units.

If the concern is the possibility of a “grey market” item, make sure there’s a full factory (not third party) warranty, good in your country. Be aware that there’s also “B-Stock” gear, which typically sells at below MAP (sometimes quite significantly). If any of those terms are unfamiliar, try Google.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 04:59 PM
PSALM23
Total Posts:  25
Joined  11-07-2010

J&R;has sold out of their stock. XF8 sold for $2200 and the XF7 which I brought and later cancelled was going for $1995. I was informed that the XF series was discontinued.

I got a good deal on a Kronos 88--$3,000.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 05:27 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

Maybe it was just a “one-day” phase… just this morning an XF7 sold for $3099… and there were Brand New ones for sale $500 cheaper on the same site.

Doesn’t make a lot of sense, but shows that people are still paying for them!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 06:28 PM
PSALM23
Joined  11-07-2010
Apex - 24 October 2011 05:27 PM

Maybe it was just a “one-day” phase… just this morning an XF7 sold for $3099… and there were Brand New ones for sale $500 cheaper on the same site.

I think the XF series has to be updated sooner than the customary 2 year cycle. Kronos is taking serious market share.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 06:54 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005
PSALM23 - 24 October 2011 06:28 PM
Apex - 24 October 2011 05:27 PM

I think the XF series has to be updated sooner than the customary 2 year cycle. Kronos is taking serious market share.

Kronos is a beast.  Mine is about 2.5 weeks old.  I’ve never really been a motif “keyboard” fan, but I do like their sounds.  I own a Rack XS. 

I have a thread (close to the top of the list) about an a decision about keeping an XF7 that I’ve recently gotten my hands on.  (from B&F;music)

For some reason, I’m a little intrigued by this opportunity.  I’m having a hard time deciding which way I want to go.  I really thought I’d get more response, but there’s not been alot of activity in the thread.

ANYWAY…

YES KRONOS IS A MONSTER!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 06:57 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005
PSALM23 - 24 October 2011 04:59 PM

J&R;has sold out of their stock. XF8 sold for $2200 and the XF7 which I brought and later cancelled was going for $1995. I was informed that the XF series was discontinued.

What made you cancel your XF7 order?  I got my Kronos 88 for a little cheaper than you did, but $3000 is still a great price. 

Did someone from J&R;tell you that it was being discontinued?  Because that’s not information that I got from them. 

If they are discontinuing it this quick (for a new product), there will be some VERY PISSED OFF PEOPLE....!!!!!

Yamaha did good to put an XS in a black case and add flash ram and probably made some good money too (same technology, so the expense to do it was probably minimal)… this is going to be interesting over the next months or so.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 07:13 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

The Motif XF will be replaced. On this you can be sure. With what and when, well, that’s another matter all together.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 07:23 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005
SpongeBob - 24 October 2011 07:13 PM

The Motif XF will be replaced. On this you can be sure. With what and when, well, that’s another matter all together.

for that matter… everything gets “replaced” at some point…

The Kronos will be replaced too… and we don’t know when or by what.

I’m just saying… your statement is kinda vague…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2011 @ 07:49 PM
PSALM23
Joined  11-07-2010
Apex - 24 October 2011 06:57 PM
PSALM23 - 24 October 2011 04:59 PM

What made you cancel your XF7 order?  I got my Kronos 88 for a little cheaper than you did, but $3000 is still a great price. 

Did someone from J&R;tell you that it was being discontinued?  Because that’s not information that I got from them. 

If they are discontinuing it this quick (for a new product), there will be some VERY PISSED OFF PEOPLE....!!!!!

Yamaha did good to put an XS in a black case and add flash ram and probably made some good money too (same technology, so the expense to do it was probably minimal)… this is going to be interesting over the next months or so.

It down to too many boards. I have a S90XS and the only reason I considered the XF7 was that I had a tough time getting a deal on the Kronos.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 6

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Global limiter for XF
Next Topic:

Again on time required to manage flash content files... ››