mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem Creating a Performance to split the keyboard into two instruments"

Posted on: October 18, 2011 @ 03:32 PM
Gsharp9
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-04-2011

I have a motif xf7 and I need to create some performace settings (I’m assuming what I want to do can’t be achieved in an individual patch) where I put horns up on the upper most octaves of the keyboard, but have the horns be in the proper range on those keys.  When I adjust the horn patches to have the upper keys play the notes I’m looking for....and then put the new patch into a performance...The performance regresses to the original patch’s octave settings.  I hope I’m being clear here.  I cannot figure out how to make my keyboard be an electric piano on most of the keyboard, and then a horn section up at the veryt top.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2011 @ 11:36 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Go to the PERFORMANCE
Press [EDIT]
You can access to the PERFORMANCE edit parameters on two levels: COMMON and PART
To select COMMON parameters press the dedicated [COMMON EDIT] button.
To select individual PART parameters press the numbered buttons [1]-[4].

The parameter you are looking for is called NOTE SHIFT.
NOTE SHIFT - as the name implies allows you to change what pitch sounds when you play a certain note.

NOTE SHIFT is a PART parameter
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF1] VOICE
Here you can find the NOTE SHIFT parameter and you can shift a PART up or down by +/-24 semitones.

When a VOICE is placed in a PART of a PERFORMANCE or a MIXING setup, certain parameters are stripped off, (NOTE SHIFT) is one of them, so it PB RANGE among others. Initially all VOICES in a PERFORMANCE are set to normal NOTE SHIFT, and PB RANGE +/-2, all volumes are initially set to 100, all Pan to center, etc., etc.

If you want to copy these and other parameter that normally get stripped off, you can turn on a parameter called “PARAMETER WITH VOICE” prior to making the VOICE selection for the PART. This will automatically copy those “offset” parameters to your PERFORMANCE or MIXING.

Please see the following article for all the details.
Parameter with Voice explained

If you require to NOTE SHIFT a VOICE farther than the 2 octaves, you will need to create a new VOICE that is “tuned” higher.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ playing a wave during a performance
Next Topic:

MasterKeybord - Morif XS Rack ››