mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New member with editor problem!"

Posted on: October 07, 2011 @ 02:00 PM
Starchaser
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-19-2011

Hey guys new member here and honored to be part of the community. I’m actually a guitar player but could not pass up on the Motif xf 8. I mainly will use this with my midi guitar set up. Great keyboard. Anyway, I’ve downloaded all of the newest drivers,editors,sound manager etc. If I open the sound manager by itself or even Cubase AI 5 and follow the instructions from this website or the install notes, I can’t get either to recognize the editor. In other words I have the newest version of the editor but won’t show up in Cubase or the Studio manager. I have connected the motif to my MacBook Pro via usb and set the motif to usb per instructions and still nothing. In the Studio set up
where you add the motif to the workspace, it gives me nothing to choose or add. In the midi settings page it does show the motif in/outs like they are connected. My MacBook is 10.6.8 and yes the Yamaha driver does show up in system preferences and is current.
Any ideas what might be wrong? Glad to be a new member and can’t wait to get rolling!!!

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2011 @ 08:52 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

This is a case of downloading the “latest” versions of everything will not bring you success. You have to download specifically the right things for your computer’s operating system.

I could link you to scores of posts where the same has occurred. Welcome to the forums by the way.

Long story short the STUDIO MANAGER uses the “Motif XF EDITOR” version 1.4.0
Not the “Motif XF EDITOR VST” version 1.5.0 which is what you downloaded.

The Motif XF Editor is currently at version 1.4.0 this is the version that works with the STUDIO MANAGER.

[ Ignore ]