mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Triggering XS sounds into logic 9"

Posted on: October 05, 2011 @ 07:17 PM
HelloSkyy
Total Posts:  32
Joined  08-29-2011

Hi Everybody, im have what is probably a very common question in this forum but unfortunately i am unable to find it in the archives. im wondering if anybody can let me know how i open the sounds from the motif into a logic pattern. ive done this before but when i moved my studio and reconnected it no longer works. i am currently connected thru fw and all drivers are up to date. any input is greatly appreciated

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2011 @ 11:24 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004
HelloSkyy - 05 October 2011 07:17 PM

what is probably a very common question in this forum but unfortunately i am unable to find it in the archives

It’s because of your terminology. Are you wanting to record MIDi, Audio or both? There are dozens of posts not only in the archive but in this forum that addresses what you want to do.The Motif has voices (not sounds), and you can record the audio output of the motif as audio into Logic using an Audio Interface. Since apparently you are using either mLAN or the FW16E you can reference my LOGIC9, YAMAHA XS MLAN TUTORIAL, which covers both aspects of recording into Logic via the XS. The tutorial is the same for either mLAN or the FW16E, as the essential factor is the YSFW Driver.

One other note, the tutorial was orignally written for the now dated mLAN driver and OS 10.4, as such it includes an instruction to create a Motif Device in OS X’s Audio MIDI Setup which is no longer necessary…

Peace…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi Into Audio
Next Topic:

Error While trying to sychronize audio and midi ››