mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "John Melas Waveform editor"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: October 01, 2011 @ 10:23 AM
kridybe
Total Posts:  133
Joined  01-03-2009

Hi
I just purchased JohN Melas Waveform editor. Seems like a good tool.

My problem is that I have way to many unused waveforms in my flashboard.
I want to free more memory using the function remove unused waveforms, -format my flashboard and reload the new file i create in the editor. This is not working for me.

Here is what I did.

I saved all my XF8 data to a USB stick as an all file. I saved it with samples FL1.

I got a file named ABC.n2.X3A

When I try to load this file into the editor i get the error message illegal file. What am I doing wrong.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2011 @ 12:27 AM
californiamusic
Total Posts:  125
Joined  08-10-2003

Hey There. I have been using Johns Waveform editor sense it came out.. you’re right, it is a nice tool to have.

I was having a similiar issue when importing the “all file” into the editor, I believe it errors out due to the duplicate waveforms on the “list”.  If you reload the list without reloading the actual waveforms, you will have duplicates on the list but not actually on the flashboard (your available memory doesn’t change, just the amount of waveforms it shows). 

I never did contact John about this issue, but he is always fast to fix bugs and get back to you, so I suggest you contact him directly.  ; )

CM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2011 @ 07:52 AM
kridybe
Joined  01-03-2009

Thanks CM

I´m on mail with John now and I guess he will find a solution for me. Still, if anyone have suggestions in the meantime it would be appreciated.

Have a nice motifated day

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2011 @ 11:28 AM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011

Considering the name of your file, did you saved it using “FL2 without sample”? If so, try to save the file including everything.

Where are the waveform saved? If you saved them on the Flash Expansion
Board, it’ll be better for you to format it and load again the samples without using the n2.X3A file you created or you’ll end up again with duplicate waveforms.

Also, read this article:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2011 @ 12:22 PM
kridybe
Joined  01-03-2009

Okey, I a bit confused.
I have a FL1 with several duplicates and unused waveforms. It also contains a few wav.files that i use. How do I save a file in the correct way to be able to open it in the editor, remove the unused waveforms, format my flash and reload a new file containing only the waveforms i need? I think i have apr. 1200 waveforms and I use apr 20 of them

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2011 @ 02:58 PM
MarPabl
Joined  09-08-2011

I don’t have the waveform editor… For that reason, I’ve suggested you to get the original WAV files you use as well as the original waveforms you’ve loaded (for example the Inspiration in a Flash)

Then, format your Flash expansion board and load again all your files, considering carefully the article I posted.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2011 @ 03:54 PM
kridybe
Joined  01-03-2009

Okey, I understand. My problem is that my waveforms(the ones I wish to keep) comes from different libraries and things I made my self, so I dont have the possibility to do as you suggested. Thanks for your kind effort anyway. Guess I just hav to wait for John to solve it or go the hard way and delete one by one on the XF

Regards K

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2011 @ 04:08 PM
MarPabl
Joined  09-08-2011

If you just have 20 waveforms you wish to keep, try to copy them to SDRAM and, if those are less than 128 MB (or if you take various files), you can save that information and then restore it to the Flash expansion board (read the article I posted for doing this), which you’ll format first.

You copy those at INTEGRATED SAMPLING and from there, you use the JOB “Copy From Flash”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2011 @ 01:56 PM
kridybe
Joined  01-03-2009

Thanks, however here´s another idea: If I save a waveform only file, then writes down the number of the waveforms I actually uses(using the usede by field in XF) then loads the WF-file in the editor, deletes all the WF that i dont use leaving those I use in the same place as they were and saves it. Then I format my flash and reload the new file into the xf flashboard.

Will the XF find the waveforms and everything will work fine??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2011 @ 07:28 PM
MarPabl
Joined  09-08-2011

Try this and let us know if this works. If Motif XF doesn’t find the waveforms, you can reassign again the voices with the waveforms.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2011 @ 05:52 PM
kridybe
Joined  01-03-2009

Thanks to John Melas for fixing my problem!! A few e-mails between us and problem solved!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2011 @ 06:22 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010
kridybe - 11 October 2011 05:52 PM

Thanks to John Melas for fixing my problem!! A few e-mails between us and problem solved!

you’re not going to share with your excited fan base?  I’ve been watching this movie for days and the ending was cut out!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2011 @ 06:10 AM
kridybe
Joined  01-03-2009

Sorry, here we go. I´ll try to explain.

My problem file that waveform editor(WE) couldtn´t open contained WF´s that had no data. Neither me or John can explain how that happened, but anyway. WE wouldnt load it. John fixed that problem and sent me a new version of WE. So far so good.

I deleted unused WF´s using WE and saved a new file. New problem, my XF wouldn´t load the file. Message: Illegal file.

John found that in my new saved file, the voices pointed to WF´s that had zero data, and the WF´s that had data were deleted by WE( Because no voices pointed to them). Somehow when all these WF´s were at my flash with the same name(duplicates)it worked fine in my XF.

John will fix this problemn and release a nev update, but this will take some time.

What I did was to copy the WF´s that had data and pasted them in the WF-number that my voices pointed to, replacing non-data WF´s. It all worked out just great. Now my flash has plenty of free space.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2011 @ 11:52 AM
californiamusic
Total Posts:  125
Joined  08-10-2003

As I figured, he just had to correct a few things. Hope the update comes out soon ; )

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2011 @ 06:47 AM
John Melas
Total Posts:  271
Joined  10-31-2002

The new update is ready!

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/wave.php

“...Fixed Remove Duplicates and Remove Unused Waveforms commands, to never delete Waveforms which link their data to another Waveform...”

Thank you kridybe for your help!
John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2011 @ 03:55 AM
gutterspunk
Total Posts:  19
Joined  12-20-2007

Trying to get to John’s site to purchase some of the editing tools but keep getting a login/password dialogue box.... Is the site down??

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2