mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New iPad apps"

Posted on: September 25, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
bhabibitn
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07-20-2011

Hello everyone,

Just saw several iPad apps released by YAMAHA.  I realize for MOX you need the IMX1 midi interface for connecting to the iPad but here are my questions:

1) does this set up work with first gen. iPad or do you need an iPad 2?

2) these apps include, performance, voice and other editors.  When you look at the screenshots, it seems like the app is designed for motif XF. Do you get the same functionality with MOX? Does the app recognize what yamaha keyboard is connected and provide you wi the right GUI?

3) does anyone have any experience with the apps?  Because they are new, no reviews are available yet.

Thanks much

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2011 @ 03:53 AM
hasseg1
Total Posts:  34
Joined  08-07-2010

Hi! I use these with a MOX6, 1st generation of iPad and connect with a combination of Apple camera kit and a midi/USB cable. The apps work like a charm and I can really recommend them. My only comment is that it should be one app instead of four so you don’t have to switch between them. /Hans

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2011 @ 02:01 PM
bhabibitn
Joined  07-20-2011

Thanks Hans.  I am a bit confused as I thought the apple camera kit/connector does not work with MOX and you have to use YAMHA’s imx-1.  Here is what Bad_Mister from YAMAHA had written in another thread:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yes. You’ll need the Yamaha iMX1

The Camera Kit adapter which works via USB-MIDI does not work for the MO-X - not sure but it probably has to do with the fact the that MO-X’s USB protocol is both MIDI and AUDIO, so the regular MIDI through USB is not going to work.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2011 @ 03:22 PM
hasseg1
Total Posts:  34
Joined  08-07-2010

The camera kit works if you connect to the midi ports on MOX.

Hans

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2011 @ 04:07 PM
bhabibitn
Joined  07-20-2011

Got it.  Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2011 @ 02:08 AM
enstereo
Joined  09-16-2011

Trying to use the apps, however, I keep getting a Timeout Error - meaning the app is not talking to the MOX 6. I got the Voice Editor to work briefly last night, but tonight it’s a no go. Is anyone else encountering the Timeout Error? Are there some settings in the MOX that I need to tweak to get the two to talk?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2011 @ 05:56 PM
enstereo
Joined  09-16-2011

I should mention that I’m using an M-Audio Uno Midi Interface. I just came across this via the Sweetwater site: Note to owners of Yamaha products: Uno is not compatible with Yamaha keyboards. If this is true, can someone recommend a Midi interface that will work with the MOX.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2011 @ 01:11 AM
bhabibitn
Joined  07-20-2011

I did not have the camera kit so I have ordered the imx1.  Sorry, I can’t recommend a USB adapter as I don’t use one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2011 @ 04:13 PM
HwyStar
Total Posts:  31
Joined  11-30-2011

Does anyone have links to the current iPad apps that work on the MOX6?

Related to that question:  I have an Alesis iO Dock.  Anyone have any issues with this dock, and Yamaha apps?

Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2011 @ 04:21 PM
HwyStar
Total Posts:  31
Joined  11-30-2011

My bad… The main pages for the iPad apps do not show the MOX on them, but the features pages do show the MOX as being compliant.

Is that correct?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2011 @ 07:36 PM
bilboben
Total Posts:  24
Joined  05-21-2011

Yes

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2011 @ 04:34 AM
drod267
Total Posts:  25
Joined  07-11-2011

I just tried the “PERFORMANCE Editor Essentials” app on my mox6 and iPad2 and it works GREAT!!!!
I’m using a USB cable connected to the iPad camera connection kit.
Totally cool to be able to see everything that’s going on in your performance setup.  The only thing I saw that was missing was a way to see/edit the insertion effects.

Love it so much I’m going to look for more apps!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2012 @ 05:18 AM
gfullick
Total Posts:  28
Joined  11-23-2011

I tried this with an i-pad 3 and a Yamaha i-MX1 interface. Have had no luck what so ever in getting it to work. I was wondering if the i-MX1 is not compatible with the i-Pad 3 as it has several times reported that “this accessory is not compatible with i-pad”. Not a good sign.

Has anyone been able to get the apps or the i-MX1 to work with the i-Pad3 (the new i-Pad)?

Graeme

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2012 @ 09:25 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002
gfullick - 15 July 2012 05:18 AM

I tried this with an i-pad 3 and a Yamaha i-MX1 interface. Have had no luck what so ever in getting it to work. I was wondering if the i-MX1 is not compatible with the i-Pad 3 as it has several times reported that “this accessory is not compatible with i-pad”. Not a good sign.

Has anyone been able to get the apps or the i-MX1 to work with the i-Pad3 (the new i-Pad)?

Graeme

See your other post.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Drum kits
Next Topic:

monitoring options ››