mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Looking for an amp - Suggestions?"

Posted on: September 20, 2011 @ 09:30 AM
phurd
Total Posts:  76
Joined  10-22-2008

I’m in the process of looking for a new amp. This is what I want to do:
I’m set up next to the bass player and his cabinet. I need an amp with me for stage monitoring. (The floor monitors aren’t cutting it.) I play in stereo so I want an amp that has left and right XLR outputs to run to the board in stereo with seperate volumn knobs for the mix and for my stage volumn.
Two options I have are the Hartke KM 200 (around $500) and the Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Keyboard Amp/PA System ($326.99). Unless I’ve missed something, I haven’t seen a Roland or Peavey amp with L/R XLR outs.
I’d appreciate any suggestions. I’m also curious how some of you have your setup.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2011 @ 01:16 AM
selbalicious
Total Posts:  207
Joined  09-30-2011

I have the Hartke KM100 and TWO Behringer K1800FX.

The Hartke KM100 alone is more than enough amps to shred with (and the KM200 probably has amps to spare), however, the KM100 has only a single XLR direct output whereas the Behringers have stereo XLR outs and stereo 1/4” outs.

If I had to recommend one over the other I would definitely choose the Behringer simply because they packed it full of so many inputs, outputs, and effects.  Plus everything is basically stereo in and out all the way through.  I have had ZERO problems with any of the three amps and each have their strengths and weaknesses, but again, to satisfy your “stereo” out to the PA, I would have to say the Behringers are better suited to that.  The cool thing about the Behringers are ALSO that you can use them almost as a miniature PA with a microphone and built in effects (whereas the Hartke (at least the KM100) has no on-board effects).

Best of luck!  You need to hear those keyboards!!

Kevin B. Selby
http://kevinselby.com <-- peaceful music

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ My First Post! XF8 tap tempo question.
Next Topic:

Question about Yamaha S30 ››