mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF ES8 help on converting to WAV files directly on keyboard"

Posted on: September 11, 2011 @ 05:41 PM
AZMEJM
Total Posts:  21
Joined  08-01-2011

Is there any way to convert the files to WAV files directly on the keyboard????  I can’t find the answer to this anywhere.  If not, where can I buy a UW10 as it is discontinued, or is there a new comparable product???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2011 @ 05:46 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Do you mean converting Song files to .wav?
You need to have DIMM memory inside the ES.
And the way is: the RESAMPLE button.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2011 @ 05:56 PM
AZMEJM
Joined  08-01-2011

I mean both song and pattern files.  I know it was done in the past on my keyboard so I believe I have DIMM memory.  Can you give step by step instructions.  Where is the resample button?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2011 @ 06:29 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Select Song or Pattern mode and then select
Integrated Sampling ->[F2]Source ->Resample.

See page 253 in the ES manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2011 @ 06:47 PM
AZMEJM
Joined  08-01-2011

I did that but then when I hit rec it was just waiting forever.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2011 @ 07:54 PM
AZMEJM
Joined  08-01-2011

I recorded and saved the files, but they turned out to be w7w files.  How do I make them wav files?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2011 @ 01:51 AM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

You must save as WAV files: manual page 97 bottom left.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2011 @ 01:54 AM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

>>> I did that but then when I hit rec it was just waiting forever.

You can set the threshold to 1 so recording starts at once.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2011 @ 07:00 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

you can use the resample to create a wav:

Resample.
You can Resample even if you have filled all 16 tracks. A sample in the Motif/Motif ES does not have to be assigned to a track permanently - you only borrow the track temporarily. It is not a hard disk recorder, it is a sampler. In a hard disk recorder you actually record audio on a track. In the Motif/Motif ES audio is never recorded to a track (it is a metaphor we use) - the data on a track is always MIDI data. When you select ‘sample’ as the TYPE - no MIDI data is recorded to the track - audio is sampled and added to the User Waveform list. All tracks of the Motif/Motif ES sequencer always contain MIDI data - MIDI data that is used to trigger audio data. Audio data can be loaded at the factory by Yamaha (ROM) or can be audio that you load/sample (RAM).

Tracks always just contain triggering events. The audio they trigger is either ROM or RAM.

When your purpose is to create a .wav or aiff file out of it - Always SAVE your Song in either ALL SONG or ALL data format prior to resampling. You can select the sample TYPE = “sample” - the track that it is “temporarily” assigned to will still playback as normal. The sample is actually assigned after you complete the process.

Once you have recorded your Resample simply
Press FILE
Press F2 SAVE
Select TYPE = Wav or aiff as necessary
Cursor down and name the file
Press ENTER
Select the TRACK and KEYBANK (Press SF1 AUDITION to ensure your sample is there)
Press ENTER to save it

Now you can shuttle the song over to your computer. DO NOT SAVE this version of the Song - No need. See the article on Resample 101

See page 12-16 for step-by-step explanation of RESAMPLING

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2015 @ 08:33 AM
Themora
Total Posts:  6
Joined  05-15-2013

Sorry for posting on this thread, but I can’t get any answers from the post I created, and was hoping Bad Mister could help, since he answered here. It is similar to the subject.Hello, I have been recording for about 6 years on my motif es6, and have learned not to have too many wav forms in my song, or I’ll run out of memory when transferring to wav. Now, I’m writing a new tune, and have no wav forms at all (vocals, guitar, etc), just the music, drums bass etc from within the keyboard, and when I try to convert to wav form, it tells me system memory full after 160 measures. I have factory reset, thinking there was old junk from yrs past hogging memory, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, in advance. And yes, I have the extra DIMM memory sticks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ES6 won’t save anything in song mode!!
Next Topic:

change snare # ››