mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Free MOX patch bank from Easysounds"

Posted on: September 02, 2011 @ 09:54 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

I don’t own a MOX but I am a satisfied Easysounds customer.

In the latest (7/2011) Yamaha (Europe) Music Production Guide is this announcement:

The free MOX “Sound & Groove Kit“ is now available for all registered users of the MOX. This soundset includes an “Electronic & Dance“ soundlibrary featuring 128 Voices - a selection of the best synth-sounds from the EASYSOUNDS soundlibraries for the MOTIF series. In addition, the package includes a WAV loop pool with drums, synths, vocals, sound effects and atmospheres for Cubase AI and other DAWs. Registration for this goodie is done by writing an informal e-mail with the keyword “MOX“ to this e-mail address:

I suspect Easysounds will be releasing some/all of their Motif patch sets in MOX format soon.

You can subscribe or unsubscribe to the free Music Production Guide by sending an informal e-mail to:

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2011 @ 08:31 AM
nexus_one
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-13-2011

Is this keyword should be in the subject of e-mail?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2011 @ 01:04 PM
iluvchiclets
Total Posts:  112
Joined  06-15-2007

I thought I would write here to say I sent an email to the above link, and Easysounds replied back in a couple of days with a password to get the download.

I am very pleased, and can’t wait to try out the sounds!

There are 4 or 5 files attatched the the Easysounds demo file - does anyone know which file I am supposed to open in the MoX?  I would hate to open an incorrect one in the event it corrupted my keyboard? (or is that possible?) I don’t believe there are any instructions attatched to the link…

Any info would be appreciated, thanks for looking.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2011 @ 04:24 PM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

Post the filenames here and we can help you figure it out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2011 @ 04:35 PM
iluvchiclets
Joined  06-15-2007

Thanks for the reply, meatballfulton,

Among all of the stuff in the zip file are these three files:

Electro.allmox

Electro.X4A

Electro.X4E

I did eventually find a PDF manual in the zip that says to load the “All” file. 

In the MoX manual it mentions loading .X4A files when loading sounds, should I assume Easysounds means “X4A” as the all file as opposed to “.allmox”?

I think you can see the confusion here!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2011 @ 06:57 PM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

X4A is an All file
X4E is a Voice Editor file

Loading this All file will overwrite all your existing User data (voices, performances, sequences) so back up your MOX to a new All file first before you load the Easysounds All file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2011 @ 08:24 PM
iluvchiclets
Joined  06-15-2007

Thanks!

I did have success - when I insert the USB stick into the MoX, it automatically located the X4A file.  Therefore, there was no guesswork.

I am going to enjoy the new Easysounds for a bit, and then do a factory reset to get back the original MoX sounds.  I appreciate your expertise, and for taking the time to write.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2011 @ 09:02 PM
iluvchiclets
Joined  06-15-2007

Hi again,

Okay, as you might imagine, I am still trying to get my head around the MoX!

I was reading in the manual tonight that the User banks are by default loaded with preset sounds, am I correct?  The Easysounds demo was loaded into the User banks automatically.

In that event, I can leave the Easysounds demo on my keyboard.  Am I to understand I am not losing any programs in the User banks, as the overwritten programs already exist in different areas in the Preset banks?

I hope that question was clear…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2011 @ 06:18 AM
cfinn
Total Posts:  143
Joined  11-15-2007

Thanks Easysounds

Wow ! some really nice sounds in that pack

really brings out even more surprises in the MOX !!

very impressed !!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2011 @ 09:13 AM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005
iluvchiclets - 07 September 2011 09:02 PM

I can leave the Easysounds demo on my keyboard.  Am I to understand I am not losing any programs in the User banks, as the overwritten programs already exist in different areas in the Preset banks?

User Banks 2, 3 and 4 come loaded with copies from the Presets. User Bank 1 has unique sounds but can be restored at any time by doing a factory reset (see the manual).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2011 @ 10:05 AM
iluvchiclets
Joined  06-15-2007

Thank you meatballfulton!

That’s just what I was afraid of. 

I want to have all the different voices to play around with - that’s my favorite way to pass hours away - without missing anything.

I assume if I have a Librarian program of sorts, I could take what I want from the Easysounds demo and load it into one of the 2, 3, or 4 banks?

Thanks again for your clarification.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2011 @ 12:12 AM
phloid
Total Posts:  126
Joined  06-22-2011
meatballfulton - 10 September 2011 09:13 AM
iluvchiclets - 07 September 2011 09:02 PM

I can leave the Easysounds demo on my keyboard.  Am I to understand I am not losing any programs in the User banks, as the overwritten programs already exist in different areas in the Preset banks?

User Banks 2, 3 and 4 come loaded with copies from the Presets. User Bank 1 has unique sounds but can be restored at any time by doing a factory reset (see the manual).

Where did you find this information? I thought that all of the USR files were “place holder” files to be written over. Some do appear to be basic presets with various enhancements. It is easy to tell between two. This would mean there are as many as three copies of each preset in addition to the original preset from the factory. Beyond looking at two the interface is an obstacle to an easy toggle and compare. It would take an accident to discover this quickly and more likely a very long time using the MOX to recognize this. The owner’s manual does not spell it out when using a search for User Banks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2011 @ 11:01 PM
davidtre
Total Posts:  80
Joined  06-18-2011

Could someone explain in simple terms exactly what “easysounds” is, and what to do with this, for a very novice new Yamaha MOX owner. Unfortunately for some of us novices,some of the “technical” discussions on this forum are often like trying to read “Greek”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2011 @ 11:49 PM
Steve B
Total Posts:  14
Joined  10-14-2010

Hi all,
I imported the new files into my MoX JM editor and saved it as the default filename. All sound loaded into BANK 1 In the editor and I was able to audition each one individually by double clicking on the patch name. I assumed that would load it into the buffer but didn’t change anything on my mox unless I saved it. When I scrolled through my patches everything was still intact. I will certainly use some of these terrific FREE sounds at some point. Thanks to Easysounds and to the brilliant JM editor (whitch in my opinion should be on the software disc in the first place)

I’m also new at the mofif syle architecture but find this very intuitive.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2011 @ 12:32 PM
iluvchiclets
Joined  06-15-2007

Hi davidtre,

Sorry about the delay in replying.

Easysounds is the name of an after-market manufacturer (or the the name applied to a series of products).  Easysounds makes newly programmed voices available for Motif users.  If you want to buy new sounds or voices to play on your Motif, you can purchase them from a variety of sources.

If you read the intial post here, their are instructions on how to send an email to Easysounds and they will send you a download to add to your Motif.  It’s free, and you can try out a sample of their voices on your Motif.

Feel free to write back if you have any questions, I’m sure we can all help you get more enjoyment out of your MoX.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ DCP sound libraries for the MO X now avaialable
Next Topic:

Power On Mode ››