mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sample re-triggering can cause a glitch on Xs"

Posted on: August 16, 2011 @ 06:11 PM
jules1204
Total Posts:  28
Joined  06-20-2011

Hi Guys,

I have been creating a song on the Motif using guitar samples sampled directly into the Motif.
What I noticed is that if I triggered a sample to sustain over a whole bar, then re-trigger the sample after momentarily releasing it, there is a small but noticeable glitch in the sound.
This sounded like a clicck and was annoying the hell out of me!!!

I looked closely at the sample, as well as my notes in the sequence editor and tried various things such as allowing a short gap at the end of the previous bar before re-triggering, but to no avail.

Eventually I figured that in such circumstances, when using a sample in such a scenario where it will reappear very quickly it is better to either copy the sample to 2 separate keys or split the sample in half at a conveniently silent part of the wave and assign both halves to separate keys.
This seems to solve the problem.

To be more specific, I was using a chugga-chugga sample on the guitar which underpins the rythm of my track and it must remain constant throughout the verse structure.
Other samples presented no problems.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2011 @ 10:01 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Can you export the sample and post it here so someone can look at it?

I’ve created samples like that and had no problems with retriggering, even when doing “stutter” effects.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Master effects
Next Topic:

creating proper gm files tutorial ››