mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "tap tempo question"

Posted on: August 16, 2011 @ 05:49 PM
miden
Total Posts:  618
Joined  09-22-2005

Can a sound (for example hi-hat) be assigned to the tap tempo function?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2011 @ 06:05 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
miden - 16 August 2011 05:49 PM

Can a sound (for example hi-hat) be assigned to the tap tempo function?

I’m not sure I understand your question. Are you asking for an audible indication of each time SF6 is pressed?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2011 @ 10:01 PM
miden
Joined  09-22-2005

Yes that is exactly what I am asking, thanks.

On most tap tempos I have used on keyboards in the past (just got the XF), there was an audible sound, in most cases a closed hi-hat.

In this way it would sorta act a bit like a simple intro to the start of a performance arp set...plus, and jmho, a better feel for a tempo to be selected.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2011 @ 05:49 PM
miden
Joined  09-22-2005

So over 60 views now, and no-one can give a simple yes or no???

Wow, I didn’t realise it was such a technically in-depth question....seemingly way above the knowledge level of this forum it would seem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2011 @ 06:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

To the best of my “knowledge”, the answer is no…

...but I may be unaware of some magical button pressing sequence that’s above my level.
:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2011 @ 07:20 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
miden - 17 August 2011 05:49 PM

So over 60 views now, and no-one can give a simple yes or no???

Wow, I didn’t realise it was such a technically in-depth question....seemingly way above the knowledge level of this forum it would seem.

It’s not a technically in-depth question - and your impatience is showing.

It may be that a lot of users just never need the tap tempo function or haven’t used it. Like me - I’ve never used it until I decided today to test it out in order to answer your question.

Tap tempo works by tapping on SF6 button in VOICE or PERFORMANCE mode. Simply tap four times and it will set the tempo - but not exactly because you are human and not a machine.

No, there is no audible sound that accompanies the tap (that I know of) - sorry.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2011 @ 08:26 PM
miden
Joined  09-22-2005

Well I sorta thought that with over 60 views and two days of having it posted would have revealed something Dave...Nothing to do with impatience.

Thanks I did know HOW to use the tap tempo, I just thought that with the might of the Yamaha OS a simple thing like being able to assign a midi note to it would not have been that difficult.

But you have confirmed now it is not possible, and that, simply, is ALL I wanted to know.
Thankyou

[ Ignore ]