mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Organimation and the XS Rack"

Posted on: August 16, 2011 @ 01:29 PM
joek1000
Total Posts:  12
Joined  04-23-2005

I asked K-Sounds support if there was a version of Organimation that would work on the XS rack.

He said that the XS version of Organimation might work if it can read XS (keyboard) files. Here is part of the email:

If it can load voices from a Motif XS “all” type file, then you could send the voices to the rack using your computer. Performances, on the other hand, would probably be something you’d have to create for yourself.

I don’t see the Organimation as a supported download for the XS rack but would it work to just use the voices and not the performances?

Thanks,
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2011 @ 01:48 PM
BillW
Total Posts:  35
Joined  12-06-2006
joek1000 - 16 August 2011 01:29 PM

I don’t see the Organimation as a supported download for the XS rack but would it work to just use the voices and not the performances?

Thanks,
Joe

In theory, any voice should work that is XS compatible.  I just bought a Rack XS last night and I own the XS version of Organimation (plus AXXE, both 80s libraries and the Vintage Keys library) and will be trying to load various patches from all of these tonight.  I can let you know how it goes if you like.

Bill

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2011 @ 08:46 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In general, any VOICE Library for the Motif XS can be loaded into the Motif-Rack XS.

the details: A VOICE Library is defined as one that uses the resident 2670 Waveforms (and is contrasted to a SAMPLE Library which would include new RAM samples - SAMPLE Libraries would not be compatible with the Rack XS)

In order to load the VOICES from an ALL data file created for the Motif XS (.X0A) to a Motif-Rack XS, you simply need to use the Motif-Rack XS EDITOR to “IMPORT” the data.

Open the Motif-Rack XS Editor
Go to FILE > IMPORT > set the type of file beginning read from the default “Motif Rack XS Editor files” to “Motif XS ALL File (*.X0A)”

This will open the file and list all three USER Banks, the USER DRUM bank, and as many as 256 MIXING Voices. You can view them as BANKS or by CATEOGORY

It will not allow you to deal with PERFORMANCES - VOICES only. Once the file is opened in the Rack XS Editor you can select which Voices you want to move to your Rack XS. You can select an individual Voice, any combination of Voices, banks of Voices or all of the Voices and move them over to your Rack XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2011 @ 10:00 AM
BillW
Joined  12-06-2006

I tried this last night and it wasn’t working well for me.  If I load any of the Vintage Keys or 80s soundset patches, the Rack XS will immediately freeze up when those patches are selected.  The only way to get it working again is to cycle the power.  I have all of the latest drivers, software and firmware in the Rack XS.  I didn’t try Organimation yet, but I’m not optimistic.

Bad Mister—I also have an XS6 and all of these libraries load fine via USB stick.  Would you recommend I load them into the XS6, save them from there in an ALL file and then import them into the Rack XS?  Could my problem be that some of those libraries pre-date the XS?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2011 @ 07:44 PM
bdub
Total Posts:  38
Joined  12-21-2010

Problem solved. 

If you load these older libraries into a real Motif XS6/7/8, save them in an ALL file and the use John Melas’ Total Librarian, they load into the Motif-Rack XS and work perfectly.  No more freezing or crashing!!!!  This will probably work with the Yamaha librarian as well...the key is “converting” them first with a real Motif XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
joek1000
Total Posts:  12
Joined  04-23-2005

Thanks for the info guys. I’m going to purchase the Organimation voices and see how it goes. If I need to I can probably find someone with an XS to help me convert the files.

Regards,
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2011 @ 09:01 AM
BillW
Joined  12-06-2006

Good luck!  I had a few Organimation voices in one of my Motif XS user banks and they worked in the Rack just fine.

I just realized I have 2 different IDs: bdub and billw.  How on earth did I manage that one????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2011 @ 11:15 PM
tommymandel
Total Posts:  81
Joined  01-15-2003
BillW - 18 August 2011 09:01 AM

Good luck!  I had a few Organimation voices in one of my Motif XS user banks and they worked in the Rack just fine.

I just realized I have 2 different IDs: bdub and billw.  How on earth did I manage that one????

schizophrenia?

not much point in chiming in after a BadMister post, but as long as the Organimation voices don’t use their own WAVEFORM data, we Rack owners have a shot at it.
Thanks for the tip about going into an XS Keyboard First, and then using Melas Software to port it over to the rack.

as far as organs, I’ve got my eyes on that new 15 lb. (7kilos?) Hammond. Just eyes, not wallet. . .

[ Ignore ]