mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What mic do you use with your MOX?"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: January 03, 2012 @ 05:11 PM
smurfer
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-03-2012

I got an SM57 for my MOX8 after reading reading the various threads that there should be enough signal for the MOX8 preamp. I can confirm that you will need a preamp (unless the preamp in your MOX8 is different to mine).

Yes, I have the input set to mic.

Yes, I used the +6dB settings.

Yes, I have the input settings setup correctly.

Yes, I hear sound (either directly from the keyboard or via cubase) and the signal is just too low to be useful (noise free). I went and got cheap preamp and the results are great.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2012 @ 11:43 PM
psterling
Total Posts:  6
Joined  05-08-2011

Agreed that the MOX requires some sort of mic pre-amp in order for the vocoder function to work (at least with my setup, and I’ve tried several XLR mics).  I’m using a Shure PG58.  On the MOX, I have A/D INPUT GAIN turned to 100%, UTILITY > GENERAL > Mic/Line set to mic.  Hopefully Yamaha can address this gain issue with a future software update, as it’s not really feasible to “simply plug a microphone into the MOX and you’ve got instant vocoder” like the marketing seems to indicate.  I understand it probably does work fine for some mics, but with mine there is no choice but to carry around extra gear (mic preamp).

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording voice mode arpeggios in realtime
Next Topic:

Printing information ››