mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Assigning Midi channels to voices"

Posted on: August 07, 2011 @ 10:16 AM
Salnmark
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07-14-2011

Can I assign midi channels to voices or is that only possible in multi mode on a Motif Rack?

I have 2 keyboards, Yamaha P85 and a Roland D10 connected to a midi merge unit to the input of the motif rack. I want to use all the organ sounds in the Motif from my D10. The D10 midi TX is set to channel 2 and the P85 is on midi channel 1.

I have all the best piano sounds in my favourites so I can access them quickly when I play live. Also the best organ sounds are in there as well. Is there a way of assging the midi channels to just the voices I want to use (i.e piano to ch1 organ ch2) or do I have to make up a multi to do this? I can’t find where to set the midi channels in the voices. The only one I found was the overall midi rcv channel in UTILITY.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2011 @ 12:12 PM
Salnmark
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07-14-2011

I have tried to get to RcvCh through the Multi Mode editing but I am stuck and can’t go any further.
I select a multi voice I want to edit, then press the multi button again until the red LED lights, I am now presented with
VOICE No.
BankMSB
BankLSB

I can not get to the RcvCh settings, whatever buttons I press.

Anyone can tell me how to get to the RcvCh setting please. Such simple tasks seem to take forever on this rack, maybe it’s ready for the bin.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2011 @ 01:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Full Detailed MULTI EDIT Mode
• The detailed edit layer is viewed by touching [EDIT] while in MULTI. This will give you access to the full compliment of MULTI edit parameters. And like its sister products, there are two levels of editing within the MULTI area:
• COMMON - parameters that apply overall settings
• PART - parameters that apply to individual PARTS of the MULTI

• To toggle between COMMON EDIT and PART EDIT when in a MULTI, the [MUTE/SEL] LED must be OFF (Select). You can reach COMMON by holding [SHIFT] + [COMMON], you can reach PART select when the [MUTE/SEL] LED is OFF, then hit PART to see the PART level of editing.

• The [MUTE/SEL] button is another important function to become familiar with using. When [MUTE/SEL] is lit the PART buttons can be used to temporarily turn ON and OFF PARTS. Thus it is MUTE mode. When the [MUTE/SEL] button is OFF, you are in SELECT mode.

There are five Pages of data on the PART level: (Voice, Output, Tone, EQ and Receive Switch). Use the PAGE [<]/[>] arrows to navigate:

• Voice – in addition to Bank Select, program number, you will find, the poly mode, arpeggio switch, MIDI receive channel, note limits, velocity limits, portamento switch/time/mode, pitch bend range, and velocity depth/offset. Use your cursor UP/DOWN arrows to navigate the parameters. Be sure to identify on the top line that you are in PART Edit, and identify which PART is currently selected.

The MIDI Receive Channel parameter> By default, PART 1 is on MIDI channel 1, PART 2 is on MIDI channel 2, and so on – but you can customize this, as necessary.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES vs Motif Rack, difference for bass
Next Topic:

Velocity offset and depth ››