mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User Created Layers and Performances - part volume?"

Posted on: July 22, 2011 @ 02:32 PM
Rolandkeys88
Total Posts:  12
Joined  06-07-2011

Hi,

did see anything in the manual, but is there mixing ability for the parts, specifically volume settings?  My strings are too loud for what I want (layering electric keys w/ strings). 

If not, any other suggestions?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2011 @ 03:04 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

I found the easisest way to do this on the MOX is to create a user voice with the patch you want and then adjust the volume accordingly. Its easy with the editor that comes with the MOX. If you work in song mode, you can adjust the volume per track and in master mode you can adjust the volume per zone.

When I create a layer or access multiple voices I do it like this:

Create User Voices - for example, I create user voice “almighty” and user voice “r/b soft” I think at that point I adjust the OUTPUT volume in the editor and decide which effects I want.

Create Song (mix mode)—I put my user voices in this song and adjust the midi channels accordingly. You can adjust the volume per track here in the editor.

Master Mode - At this point I create a patch in master mode and depending on how I am using the voice(s), I use either just zone 1 or multiple zones taking the voice(s) from the song I just created. This way you can have multiple Master mode patches all accessing the same song. In the edit mode you can adjust the volume and split point for each zone.

I don’t really use performance mode, because I can create layers with song and master mode and it allows to do a lot of midi stuff as well.

Hope this is helpful,
Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2011 @ 12:11 AM
Rolandkeys88
Total Posts:  12
Joined  06-07-2011

Thanks Ben!  Creating user voices and adjusting the output volume worked great for me (created my layers with these voices)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Renaming Performance.
Next Topic:

Saving an individual song to usb ››