mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Managing Total Libraries in John Melas’ MOX editir"

Posted on: July 20, 2011 @ 09:13 AM
ragingox
Total Posts:  209
Joined  06-06-2011

Hi everyone! Just to let you know that the new John Melas MOX editor is amazing as I was able to discover and enjoy new voice samples from the other motif keyboards! However there is a minor problem perhaps it may be me, but its a problem I couldn’t sort out myself and cannot find the answers in the user manual. Here goes:

Issue 1. Can you just load individual voices of your choice to the user bank instead of having to load 128 voices altogether? Meaning I have voice I like from the voice library listed in the User 1 bank but in the meantime have a voice I also like in the MOX’s user 1 voice bank. If uploading a voice to the MOX will actually entail loading the whole user 1 voice set from the library by default and replacing the on-board user 1 bank there’s no way I could use these two desired voices together say for example in a perfomance, song or pattern.

Issue 2. Can you, if the above has no solution, be able to load user 1 from your voice library to user 2 in the MOX instead? That way you can have those two desired voices in the MOX. I cannot find a way to this with the software.

If someone has figured this one out already please post a thread/reply… John, any suggestions? Many thanks in advance!:-)

Cheers,
Raging

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2011 @ 10:41 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have not got the Melas MOX Editor yet, but you should be able to move single Voices quite easily.

Double clicking a VOICE in the EDITOR sends it immediately to the MOX Edit Buffer where you can then easily STORE it to any location within your MOX. I should mention that the MOX EDIT BUFFER is where you can audition, play, edit, a VOICE… when a Voice is in the MOX edit buffer it does not overwrite the data under it. In fact, moving away and back, you discover the Voice location is still occupied by the VOICE that was STORED in that location… So this is one method of audition Voices and then deciding you want to keep it or not. If you want to keep it, press [STORE] and select a USER location to keep it.

I believe you can also drag and drop VOICES in the editor to place them where ever you require.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2011 @ 10:43 PM
ragingox
Total Posts:  209
Joined  06-06-2011

Thanks B_M, it works! :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2012 @ 10:28 PM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

I bought the Vintage Keys from Keyfax. I saved everything to USB stick before loading them to User 3. When I loaded them,my User 1 and 2 were reset. If the new voices only load to User 3, why would User and 2 be affected? I have Melas’ Mix Editor - how can I make a composite of current and ‘new’ voices that I can save and load?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2012 @ 11:15 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jshep0102 - 25 November 2012 10:28 PM

I bought the Vintage Keys from Keyfax. I saved everything to USB stick before loading them to User 3. When I loaded them,my User 1 and 2 were reset. If the new voices only load to User 3, why would User and 2 be affected? I have Melas’ Mix Editor - how can I make a composite of current and ‘new’ voices that I can save and load?

Most 3rd party libraries are set up to overwrite as an ALL file, as in ALL user data...mostly for ease of installation.  So, the Vintage Keys Library overwrote BANKS 1,2, and 3.

Since you saved an ALL file before loading (Good for you!), you can easily LOAD the BANKS of yours prior to the library install (USER 1 and 2) back in.  That will leave you with Vintage Keys in BANK 3, and your other VOICES in USERs 1 and 2.

If it works the same as for the Motifs, the Melas’ Mix Editor is not for library customization as such, what you want is the Total Librarian.  However, I am not specifically familiar with how the MOX version of the John Melas software is organized.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

Thanks much for the info, cmayhle. So, spending $ on only the mix editor may turn out to be a bigger expense than buying the total librarian in the 1st place. I hope there’s an upgrade path.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2012 @ 11:28 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jshep0102 - 25 November 2012 11:25 PM

Thanks much for the info, cmayhle. So, spending $ on only the mix editor may turn out to be a bigger expense than buying the total librarian in the 1st place. I hope there’s an upgrade path.

Let me ask why you only bought the Mix Editor?  It is a rather specialized piece of software that is usually purchased as part of a larger bundle.

I have all of the John Melas software, which is excellent, but the Total Librarian is really the cornerstone of the system, and it is what allows you to easily set-up and customize user library VOICES and BANKS.

I would contact John Melas directly, he is very approachable.  You may be able to work out a retro-package deal, which I would personally recommend as ultimately you are going to find all of the programs useful.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Import midi songs to MOX6
Next Topic:

Renaming Performance. ››