mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing value of individual notes/splitting keyboard?"

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 03:38 AM
cdnjazzgtr
Total Posts:  28
Joined  06-17-2011

I’ll try and explain this as best as I can here.  Because of focal dystonia, my right hand now has to function like a left hand would, and my left hand has to function like a right hand.

I need to somehow re-arrange the piano on the MOX 6 so that the bass notes are on the right and the upper melody notes are on the left.  I’m not trying to make the board completely backwards; I just want to split it so that the piano keyboard would start on the left at C4 - C5, split, and you’d have C1 - C3 on the right.  I think I’m missing an octave here, but that’s ok for now as I’ll tinker with its placement later.

Anyways, is there a way to do this?  I’m sure there is, but I can’t seem to figure this one out.

...thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 08:48 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

VOICE mode is where you can play a single instrument sound
PERFORMANCE mode is where you can combine as many as four Voices editing them via OFFSET parameters to suit a specific need.

Create a PERFORMANCE with two instances of the same piano.
Press [EDIT]
Press a numbered button to select a PART to edit [1] or [2]
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF3] LIMIT
Set the NOTE LIMIT ranges so that you create a split between such that one piano is heard above a specific key and the other below.
Press [F4] TONE
Press [SF1] TUNE
Set the NOTE SHIFT value to create the regions you require.
Lower the PART that is the upper
Raise the PART that is the lower

You have the ability to OFFSET a VOICE +/-24 semitones (two octaves). if you require more OFFSET than this, you will need to create a custom USER VOICE that is originally tuned higher or lower.

That should do it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 05:45 PM
cdnjazzgtr
Total Posts:  28
Joined  06-17-2011

BM, You are da man!!

That worked like a charm; thanks a bazillion!

[ Ignore ]