mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Playkeyz Purchase Question…"

Posted on: June 22, 2011 @ 05:03 PM
apico
Total Posts:  77
Joined  06-14-2011

I just purchased the ‘80’s Pop Rock II set from ht playkeyz website.
Can someone who’s been through the process tell me how long it took to get the soundset files?  They’re supposed to be sent in an email.
I’m just curious because I purchased it last night, but haven’t received anything, yet.
There were no details about ti on the website, only that after payment was received, the buyer would receive an email with the files.  I did’n’t know if this was an automated process or if Rick sends them out after he reads his email and sees the orders, etc.

Can anyone help me out, here?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2011 @ 02:08 AM
apico
Joined  06-14-2011

Well, it’s been 24 hours and I’ve receive no files from Playkeyz.  I called and left a message, and also sent email messages,....no response to either.

I did, however recieve an auto response on the 19th, to an email in which I asked Rick at Playkeyz if the XS soundsets would load and work on my XF.
This is the auto-response:

“Thank you for your email.  At this time, I have been focusing on other projects, and may not respond to requests for custom sounds or additional libraries.  Thank you for understanding, and thanks for contacting me!

~Rick”

I’m new here at Motifator so I don’t know the history regarding Rick at the forums, but I would assume he’s a big supporter/proponent of Motif use and has a good standing here.
I respect that, as well as the great soundsets he’s created, but as someone who just shelled out 40 bucks and who has so far not recieved the product I payed for, I would argue that my concern is justifiable.

If I’m being unreasonable, then someone please, straighten me out, but if I don’t get a response or receive the files by noon tomorrow, I’ll have to file a dispute with PayPal.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2011 @ 08:33 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

just purchased the ‘80’s Pop Rock II set from ht playkeyz website.

...if the XS soundsets would load and work on my XF.

I’m not sure what the issue is here. I’m not familiar with the sound set (or website) you mention.
What file format is the data provided in? X0A?

Does the data include new “USER” samples?
If, yes, how many megabytes of data?

I can answer your question about file compatibility between the XS and XF. In general, the XF can load data created on the Motif XS. Whether or not it is an “elegant” load will depend on how the data is presented.

Here is what is at issue:
The XS had just one type of user sample memory available: SDRAM via DIMMs which were optional sticks that install internally, into a pair of user accessible slots.
You could install 2 x 64MB = 128MB, 2 x 128MB = 256MB, 2 x 256MB = 512MB, 2 x 512MB = 1GB.

The XF has two different types of user sample memory available: built-in SDRAM which can hold 128MB of user samples, and optional expansion Flash Boards which can hold 512MB or 1024MB of data (x two slots).

So for example, if the data contains more than 128MB of user sample data, you will need to get the optional FL512M or FL1024MB Flash Boards in order to load the data.

So if you understand any of this, it is not a given that any XS library will directly load into any XF. It depends.

Sorry, I cannot help you because you provided no particular details about the Library that you purchased.

Worst case scenario, would be that if there is more than 128MB of user samples in the library and you do not (yet) own the expansion memory modules (the aforementioned Flash Boards), then you would need to load individual VOICES (which would certainly load) and you could keep loading using the File TYPE = VOICE until you filled the available 128MB of SDRAM.

If the data is in excess of 128MB, we recommend that you get the FL512/FL1024MB to suit your needs.

There are two slots and combination of boards will work in the XF. Unlike DIMMS even one board will work. So you could install:

1 FL512M = 512MB
2 FL512M = 1024MB (1GB)
1 FL1024M = 1024MB (1GB)
1 FL512M + 1 FL1024M = 1536MB (1.5GB)
2 FL1024 = 2048MB (2GB)

Hope some of this information is helpful, sorry I cannot be more helpful, but I do not know the third party library of which you speak.

If this is the same library 80s Pop/Rock Volume II Voice library as listed here on the Motifator site, then the description says

* Format: ALL (.XOA)
* Name: 80sPR2Final.XOA
* Size: No samples used
* SDRAM OK: Yes (no samples used)
* Voices: 84
* Performances: 8
* Bank loads to: User Bank 3
* Other versions: Motif XS, Motif ES

If you’re looking for more patches for your Yamaha synthesizer, and you already have the 80s pop/rock soundset volume I, then the 80s pop/rock soundset volume II is for you. This voicebank contains voices and performances for more classic hits of the 80s.

The sounds in this voice library use only the data in your Yamaha keyboard - no sample memory required.

No Sample data is involved. If this is the data you purchased… as the Motifator Shop (correctly) lists, it is a library made fo the XS but is compatible to load into the XF.

Many of the third party programs have been tweaked by their authors for the XF. But that is not a requirement when it comes to VOICE LIBRARY (those that contain no USER samples).

Anyway. There is no apparent reason why you can’t load the data into your XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2011 @ 10:03 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

So what I’m reading is you ordered direct from Playkeyz and have not gotten your download info yet?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2011 @ 10:38 AM
apico
Joined  06-14-2011
meatballfulton - 23 June 2011 10:03 AM

So what I’m reading is you ordered direct from Playkeyz and have not gotten your download info yet?

Yes, as of last night.  But this morning, I checked my email and the soundset files had been sent; unfortunately it was the wrong volume. I ordered volume 2 but was sent volume 1.

Trying to come to a resolution.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF Electric Pianos quality ?
Next Topic:

Wireless network MIDI drivers for Windows ››