mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I make the MOX follow"

Posted on: June 22, 2011 @ 12:35 AM
olivemas
Total Posts:  17
Joined  05-19-2011

How do I make the MOX follow the cubase tempo?

Is this possible?

If not possible please explain the recommended process for having MOX sounds follow a changing tempo.

Any help is much appreciated

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2011 @ 09:58 PM
MikeHuntingford
Total Posts:  758
Joined  11-22-2009

Set MOX MTC (Master Timing Clock - in MIDI) to external.  Set Cubase MTC to internal.

Try that.

Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2011 @ 10:16 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

How do I make the MOX follow the cubase tempo?

Set Cubase as the master MIDI clock. Here’s how:
Go to TRANSPORT on the main menu bar
Select “Project Synchronization Setup...”
Set the MIDI CLOCK OUT so that the DESTINATION is “Yamaha MOX6/MOX8-1”

In the MOX6/MOX8 set the instrument to slave to MIDI clock
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F6] MIDI
Press [SF3] SYNC
Set the MIDI SYNC = AUTO
“auto” is your best option, here’s why: it allows you to synchronize all clocked functions to the tempo of your external clock (Cubase) but also allows you to use the MOX6/MOX8 clock independent of the master clock. This is very useful when you want to try out an arpeggio (which uses clock), for example, without having to press PLAY on your DAW (Cubase). But when you do press PLAY, of course, the MOX will follow Cubase.

The above assumes you are connected to your computer via USB, and that you have installed the appropriate driver “Yamaha Steinberg USB driver version 1.3.0” and that your MOX is set to MIDI IN/OUT = USB
Press [UTILITY] > [F6] MIDI > [SF4] OTHER > MIDI IN/OUT = USB

My Recommendataion: Avoid MTC (MIDI TIME CODE) until you are scoring for films or television (when you will actually need it).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2011 @ 02:28 AM
olivemas
Total Posts:  17
Joined  05-19-2011

Thank you for your reply’s. It is much appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2013 @ 07:00 AM
vipantonio
Total Posts:  22
Joined  04-06-2012

After I press PLAY (or REC) on Cubase, it won’ trigger MOX tone generator unless I hit keyboard. What is wrong here?

I made everything Bad_Mister suggested, also read http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_basic_audio_recording_iii

ARP is ON, MIDI Sync is External (tried Auto), Midi Clock Out Synchronization from within Cubase is set to “Yamaha Steinberg USB-MIDI-1”

huge thanks for any answers…

[ Ignore ]