mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Play one voice of Mox6 while playing another with another keyboard"

Posted on: June 21, 2011 @ 02:19 PM
marcelo
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-21-2011

Hello !

I am a new owner of the mox6 and yet far… far away to master every possibility :-)

I would like to play on my mox one voice while playing another voice of the mox with anoter keyboard. Actually, I have got a yamaha PSR-E413 which has a usb port.

Is it possible to connect the Mox and the PSR in this way ?
If yes, how to configure the mox ? What are the main steps ?

Thank you for your help,
Marcelo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2011 @ 08:21 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

Keyboards with only USB and no MIDI ports should be outlawed.

Anyway, without a MIDI port, you will be unable to directly connect your PSR to your MOX (or any other keyboard). However, you can probably do what you want by using your computer in between them (or by purchasing the iconnectMIDI device which has just started shipping, which also does some other neat tricks, but it costs about $200).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2011 @ 04:30 AM
marcelo
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-21-2011

Thank you.

Ok, I abandon the PSR as it is not aimed at this usage.
Anyway, I will have a “real” Midi keyboard at disposal sunday in my band. So that I can test before to buy one.

What is the principle of configuration of the MOX in order to play one voice on the mox itself while playing another voice on the Midi keyboard ?

Regards,
Marcelo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2011 @ 09:57 AM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010
marcelo - 22 June 2011 04:30 AM

What is the principle of configuration of the MOX in order to play one voice on the mox itself while playing another voice on the Midi keyboard ?

In short, the principle is, you set the external keyboard to transmit on a specific MIDI channel, and you set up the MOX to play a particular voice when it receives input on that MIDI channel.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Replace who?
Next Topic:

How do I make the MOX follow ››