mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif6 as controller and as sound source into logic 8"

Posted on: June 14, 2011 @ 08:14 PM
hvydty
Total Posts:  254
Joined  07-04-2005

hey everyone, i had a quick question i was tryng to use my motif6 as a controller witch is fine right now for logic witch works great, but also wound like to use some of the sounds in the motif6 in my mixes in logic, i was wondering if anyone can help me
i am using motif 6 conected to The Behringer UCA202 USB Sound Cards / Audio Interface and that connected to my IMAC via usb..is there a way i can do both controller and audio source into logic..any advise will really be apreciated ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2011 @ 10:32 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

It’s pretty straightforward on the audio end: since you have an audio interface, connect the audio output of the Motif into the inputs of the interface and record onto audio tracks.

I’m not sure how you are connected- via USB or MIDI cables but, you would set the Motif to slave to Logic so that the resultant recording is in sync…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 16, 2011 @ 08:00 PM
hvydty
Joined  07-04-2005

i have i connected via usb, but from there im lost works fine as controller but when i try to go into sounds in labrary in motif it just triggers no audio although audio output from motif6 is connected via usb thru sound card ..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 17, 2011 @ 09:42 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004
hvydty - 16 June 2011 08:00 PM

i have i connected via usb, but from there im lost works fine as controller but when i try to go into sounds in labrary in motif it just triggers no audio although audio output from motif6 is connected via usb thru sound card ..

Let’s back up...

motif8mine - 14 June 2011 10:32 PM

It’s pretty straightforward on the audio end: since you have an audio interface, connect the audio output of the Motif into the inputs of the interface and record onto audio tracks.

Connect the audio output of the motif to the input of the audio interface via 1/4” TRS cables. The Motif’s USB connection carries MIDI only…

The library in this case is used to select the Motif’s MIDI port and MIDI channel. The Motif, of course, should be set to operate via USB. Also the ‘Local’ should be set to ‘Off’ when using it in conjunction with Logic. page 25-26 of the manual

(Essentially, with ‘Local’ set to ‘Off’, if you do not have an External MIDI track setup within Logic, you should not be able to hear the Motif when you play the keys. This prevents ‘doubling’ of notes...). That External MIDI track can either use the GM port in the library or the Motif’s Port #1.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2011 @ 07:43 PM
hvydty
Joined  07-04-2005

thanks ill try that

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New song
Next Topic:

Motif XF Logic Environment ››