mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Glitch when switching ARPs"

Posted on: June 12, 2011 @ 07:47 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

In the SONG mode, when I try switching from ARP1 to ARP2 and so on during recording, there’s a noticeable glitch/interruption in sound if Voice with ARP is set to ON. If, however, Voice with ARP is set to OFF, there’s no such glitch. I’m using the same drum kit in both the cases. Am I supposed to always keep the Voice with ARP parameter OFF while trying to record?

Regards,
Vikas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2011 @ 10:35 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes. It is highly recommended that you do not store your program with VOICE with ARP set to ON, if you require realtime transitions between arps.

The “VOICE with ARP” parameter has a specific use, which is if you are selecting arpeggio types and want to know what VOICE was originally used to create the arpeggio, then set this to ON. However, if you have a specific VOICE that you want to use with an ARPEGGIO, do NOT set this ON, as it will change your VOICE to something else.

This parameter exists because there are some arppegio types that only work with a specific type of a VOICE.

Make sure that the “ARP WITH VOICE” parameter is set to OFF. If not, you are likely to have VOICES switching when you switch ARP1-ARP2-ARP3 and so on… Voices should only be changed in musically convenient pauses.

If you do a KEY WORD search for “ARP WITH VOICE” you will find many ways it can be used and how not to use it.

Hope that helps

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2011 @ 02:00 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

Thanks Bad_Mister! You’re a great help, as always.

Regards,
Vikas

[ Ignore ]