mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "My own gripe, with these users"

Posted on: June 10, 2011 @ 11:38 PM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

I guess it’s better that we can’t reply to posts that have already been entombed in the sanctuary of thee ‘Archive’

I often (believe it) enjoy to read as far back in this Forum, as humanly possible as I can (time permitting between posts), even to the beginning, that first announcment of this Keyfax Motifator Forum, before it even began.

But when I started to read the thread listed below,
it struck me as seriously wrong:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/354076/P0/

Like what instance and who ever has been rude or given the members here a difficult time getting responses for serious inquiries, even where the language barrier is vast, and the questions frequently vague. Phil, Dave, and/or others here always give helpful answers or ask relevant questions to get the problem solved or share useful directions for specific tasks do-able on the XF or all the other boards and Yamaha gear & equipment, within the various Forums provided here in.

Perhaps there were people here before my time, that had difficulties or felt the ‘teachers’ here didn’t give them the respect or whatever it was they felt lacking, but not I.

I’ve felt more than just the helpfulness and kindness shared by most here. Oh sure there are a couple or three sticks in the mud, but hey, mud has uses at times too. Holding them sticks up…

Sooo, just an awesome huge “thank you”, to those that give a Sh it, about us.
Phil-Bad_Mister, Dave Polich, yeah you too 5pinDin, and of course the kind folks that work in the background, Tones take a bow. Yamaha_US Athan, are you listening? Job Well Done guys.
Much appreciated. It’s a shame, more here don’t step up, just to thank these guys, who do a pretty darn great thing, without much compensation, for time rendered.

Ah, post More groovy_threads you say?

a little naughty topiary for those nosy neighbours and as well to
forum irregulars…

be well All

Chas

Image Attachments
topiary revenge.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2011 @ 12:51 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Well, “Joshy” has been gone from the forums for ages. Presumably because
he got a record deal/world tour and is too busy to contribute...lol.

I’ve been on the forums since Motifator.com was created - a decade. Without exception, the people who have complained about the “rude attitude of Yamaha reps” (and they often include me, even though I’m not
a Yamaha employee) simply didn’t like the answers we gave them. So they
basically wanted to “shoot the messenger” instead of accepting what we
said...which was the truth (darn that truth, it is so often inconvenient).

Questions like “why can’t Yamaha be like Korg...in this day and age of
super computers, why can’t the Motif be like my Intel i7 QuadCore...why
no full-blown sample editor on the Motif...why aren’t there more sounds
in ____genre”, etc., are basically rhetorical, and frankly it gets old
answering them. The people who ask them almost always know the answer,
but they just like to complain (instead of actually producing any music).

Ah well, as I said, these kinds of posts will always be with us, and
honestly, answers that people don’t like will continue to be given.

[ Ignore ]