mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sheet music stand for MoX-8"

Posted on: June 05, 2011 @ 02:47 AM
Moomintroll
Total Posts:  25
Joined  05-06-2011

Hi guys,

I am still conducting research on the MoX-8 keyboard. So far I’ve seen some nice videos on YouTube and my general attitude towards the keyboard is very positive.

However, as far as I understand it comes without a sheet music stand. I intend to use this keyboard as a digital piano as well and that’s why I am interested in the 8 - graded keyboard, good piano sounds and line outs.  A similarly specced DP is the P155 or CP33 but for only 500 euros more I can have the synth features and those high quality phat sounds, so why not, besides, I don’t care for the P155 built-in speakers. I liked the GHS action on the P95 although I am yet to test the MoX-8.

I was wondering what the sheet music stand options are. Can such a stand be attached to the MoX and how? I live in Europe so I would highly welcome any recommendations as to where such a stand could be purchased from in the EU.

Moomintroll.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2011 @ 07:33 PM
yamamfs
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-30-2011

If it were me I would think of a multi-level stand and keep the top tier for such things as brackets for sheet music, laptops, etc. There is no space on the instrument panel itself for a sheet music stand. There are also input/output, MIDI, and headphone jacks along the backside. With the multi-level stand, if it did not specifically have options for the items you are interested in you could clamp a panel to the tier brackets and use it like a shelf. Many allow you to adjust the angle of the tiers. With this in mind look around and see if you can find something that would fit your needs. Just a thought. Good luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2011 @ 02:27 AM
Moomintroll
Joined  05-06-2011

You’re right there is no space for a music stand on the 8, too (just saw the google pictures). I didn’t think I could use a 2 tier stand. With the 8, I want to go for a П-stand as it is much more convenient for my legs and foot pedals. Will browse the П-stands to find a suitable one. Of all the outputs/inputs on the back I am least likely to use the MIDI. As for the laptop, I think the MoX and the laptop go like a brother and a sister.

Thanks for the advice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2011 @ 06:43 AM
Moomintroll
Joined  05-06-2011

I’ve found what I’ve been looking for. If others are interested in a solution for this problem have a look at Konig & Meyer (K&M;) stands. A heavy duty П-stand with music stand & microphone arm attachments can be had for 200 euros. If you add a laptop holder the price rises by 90 euros.

Again, many thanks again to Yamahamfs, for providing me with an idea about this solution. I’m dumping my X stand anyway.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX Live MIdi Applications
Next Topic:

Yamaha Synthesizer Days: Sam Ash Music Stores ››