mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help adding reverb to analog input"

Posted on: June 03, 2011 @ 08:14 PM
epytryga
Total Posts:  4
Joined  06-03-2010

Hi,
I can’t seem to get reverb on the mic input, on my MOX6....I’m in song mode...then hit “mixing”, then “edit”, the F5....and then increase the reverb amount but nothing changes....

Can’t see to figure out what I’m doing wrong....I’ve consulted the reference guide and manual...and still can’t get it to work...could someone help me..

Thanx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2011 @ 11:36 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I can’t seem to get reverb on the mic input, on my MOX6....I’m in song mode...then hit “mixing”, then “edit”, the F5....and then increase the reverb amount but nothing changes....
Can’t see to figure out what I’m doing wrong....I’ve consulted the reference guide and manual...and still can’t get it to work...could someone help me..

The A/D INPUT is not routed to the internal SYSTEM EFFECTS in all recording setups.

In the MOX6/MOX8 there are three major routing scenarios: VST, 2StereoRec, 1StereoRec

VST - when working with the MOX6/MOX8 as a VSTi within a DAW environment
2StereoRec (Dual stereo record) - when recording the two stereo buses separately to a DAW
1StereoRec (stereo record) - normal stereo output

In the first two, setups, the A/D INPUT can use an INSERTION EFFECT (if assigned) but is routed to the USB 1/2 audio output to your DAW prior to going through the SYSTEM EFFECTS, MASTER EFFECT and MASTER EQ.

The third setup is a normal routing. Both the A/D and the internal PARTS go to the main (system) stereo output (a single stereo out). If you are recording MIDI data internally and just want to use the A/D input normally, or if you simply want to play and sing, (and have access to the System, and Master Effects) you want to select the 1StereoRec setup. This will allow both the A/D INPUT and the internal PARTS to access the all the effects (including the SYSTEM: REVERB and CHORUS processors).

Here’s how:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] USB I/O
Select “1StereoRec”
Press the [SF6] INFO - to see a graphic of the signal flow in this particular USB INPUT/OUTPUT mode. Both the A/D Input and the internal PARTS have access to the INSERTION EFFECTS, SYSTEM and MASTER EFFCTS… this is your normal routing situation.

1StereoRec

Image Attachments
1StereoRec.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2011 @ 01:14 PM
epytryga
Total Posts:  4
Joined  06-03-2010

Thanks for the help...but i managed to figure it out....btw, I called Yamaha Tech support...and they walked me through it...and what I posted is exactly what they told me to do...to be honest, the technician didn’t really seem well versed on the product...he kept putting me on hold...checking on how to do it…

Anyway, issue resolved…

Thanks again
Eric

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2011 @ 03:36 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It is a brand new product. And this in particular is the first Yamaha product that combines dual stereo audio record output busing and bi-directional MIDI via the same USB cable. If you only knew how many products they cover, you would be amazed, truly.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Rename of category name
Next Topic:

MOX Live MIdi Applications ››