mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX8 and Roland KC350"

Posted on: May 31, 2011 @ 09:48 PM
drewrussell2011
Total Posts:  3
Joined  05-31-2011

Hello Everyone,

I just recently purchased the MOX8, and I have to say that I absolutely love it. It is an upgrade from a Roland e09 and Yamaha YPG625, and I feel like I’m in a new league. :)

Although I love the way that the keyboard sounds, one thing that I am having trouble with is the acoustic piano sound over my Roland KC350. It sounds great via a pair of Sony 7506’s, as well as through my Westone UM2 in-ear monitors… but when I pull them off and just listen through the amp, I feel as if it trashes the piano sound. Others sound fine, but all of the pianos just have this colorized, “MIDI (for lack of better term)” feel.

Does this have anything to do with me running the stereo sample through a MONO amp? I have tried the mono preset, but find it’s dynamics and tone just as rough as the concert grand. Are there any changes that I can make on the keyboard to get it’s sound to be comparable to the headphones?

Thanks!
Drew Russell

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2011 @ 12:46 AM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

Roland amps generally aren’t great sounding, and the place you’ll notice it most is on acoustic piano, it’s about the toughest thing to get sounding right. If you find an amp where the piano sounds good, everything else will sound good too, so that’s the best sound to use when trying out amps. For about the same price as the KC350, check out the Electro-Voice ZXA1.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2011 @ 10:09 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

Roland amps generally aren’t great sounding.

Agree with anotherscott. I’ve tried it with this amp and the sound totally 100% different than what I’ve heard from my headphones.

Personally, I noticed the roland KC350 works well with old type of synths/keys with old A/D converter like Roland D50, JX3P or Korg Triton, M1 (not M3), Yamaha SY55/77 ...

So far I tested and it works well with Yamaha MSP5, QSCK10 (big sound)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2011 @ 11:49 AM
Steve B
Total Posts:  14
Joined  10-14-2010

I use a KC350 with my Nord Stage and found that while it colors the sound a little compared to studio monitors or in-ears, it sounds quite natural out front. I have use 2 kc350s running stereo and it makes a big difference.

My MOX6 is on order. I’m hoping it will be a good combination.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2011 @ 10:34 PM
drewrussell2011
Joined  05-31-2011

Thanks for all the valuable input. Is there a setting other than the one mono piano preset that could be a better option? I guess I could sell the amp and get something different, but I was satisfied with it before and am just hoping there is another option.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2011 @ 10:35 PM
drewrussell2011
Joined  05-31-2011

Thanks for all the valuable input. Is there a setting other than the one mono piano preset that could be a better option? I guess I could sell the amp and get something different, but I was satisfied with it before and am just hoping there is another option.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX misnamed
Next Topic:

Is it possible to use FC to switch APR? ››