mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rename song, smf"

Posted on: May 28, 2011 @ 05:36 AM
VF XS-6
Total Posts:  57
Joined  11-01-2010

Helló!

How to rename song, how to rename smf, ( new creat ), how to load new name song, smf? 

Me fitting new song creat. Store- Save-new caract list, ok, rename ok, ( sava pendrive) Me see new name ( smf ) - Load (song 2) SMF new creat ok, me hear smf ok , new, but neme hoar.

Why not new name?

Sorry, little knows england.

Hail to thee.  Thank you, VF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2011 @ 08:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

To Rename SONG:
A SONG Name is a Motif XS parameter. On the main SONG screen
Move the CURSOR to the space just right of the SONG NUMBER
Use the [SF6] CHAR (Character) function to NAME the SONG.
Press [ENTER] to set the name
Press [STORE] to write the SONG data and the name to FLASH ROM

The SONG name must be saved in a Motif XS file format (not to a SMF… SMFs are not Motif XS items and therefore do not contain Motif XS parameters, like the Motif XS SONG NAME).
Press [FILE]
Set the TYPE = “ALL” or “ALL SONG”
Press [SF1] SAVE
Give the FILE a name. The FILE Name given here will refer to all 64 SONGS, not just one song.

To Rename a Standard MIDI File
A SMF (Standard MIDI File) and its name are not Motif XS parameters. You are simply exporting the MIDI data that is contained in the TRACKS. Saving one of your Motif XS SONGS as a SMF will NOT save your Motif XS parameters, like the MIXING setup, the VOICES you used, the Volumes they are set at, the PAN position, or the Motif XS SONG NAME, etc., etc., etc.

Press [FILE]
Set the TYPE = SMF
Press [SF1] SAVE
Give the FILE a name. The FILE Name will be the name of the Standard MIDI File - only one song is exported as SMF at a time.

If you are using the Motif XS and want to save your Motif XS parameters (MIXING setup, VOICES you used, Volumes, Pan positions, Effects that you assigned, etc., etc. you must save the data in a Motif XS file format.

ALL data file = .X0A
ALL SONG file = .X0S

These files will include all your Motif XS parameters, including the MOTIF XS SONG NAME for each of the 64 possible SONGS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2011 @ 11:51 AM
VF XS-6
Total Posts:  57
Joined  11-01-2010

Thanks for the help Badmister!
My problem is that I create a song or an smf, than I rename it to “hopes of freedom” and I save it on a pen drive, and the title is the same, as I renamed it.On the pen drive there was a factory song (title:"memory of the king").That is the song what I renamed for “hopes of freedom”.The problem is when I load this song from the pen drive, I can hear the “hopes of freedom”, but title remains the “memory of the king” anyway if it’s smf or song.I tried to save it on several places, but the problem remained.

My other problem is, that I saved an smf on a pendrive, but when I try to listen it on a pc by VanBosco midi player all the tracks are played on piano, but there are string and oboa sounds in it too.If I load it back to the XS-6 the tracks are piano too.Do you know how to solve these problems?

Create smf-store-rename-enter-store-save to pendrive

Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2011 @ 11:58 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

VF XS-6, please post under the answer, do not start a new thread
or everybody loses sight on the question.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2011 @ 12:00 PM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

VF XS-6, trying to answer your first problem:

a Song has a name, but the file (ALLsong) can have another name.
You must rename Songs in Song Mode, and rename files in File Mode.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2011 @ 12:24 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

My other problem is, that I saved an smf on a pendrive, but when I try to listen it on a pc by VanBosco midi player all the tracks are played on piano, but there are string and oboa sounds in it too.If I load it back to the XS-6 the tracks are piano too.Do you know how to solve these problems

I answered this already. I understand that English is not your main language so I will try again.

If you SAVE as a SMF you are not saving any Motif XS parameters. You are only saving the MIDI Events on the MIDI EVENT LIST.

Therefore the Motif XS Voices that you selected, the volumes that you set, the Pan position that you set, the Motif XS Effects that you programmed ARE NOT included in the file.

In order to include this information in the file you must save in a Motif XS file format, either ALL data (.X0A) or ALL SONG (.X0S).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2011 @ 12:31 PM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

Hungary

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ NO sound on 2 keys
Next Topic:

trying to convert midi files with my xs8 ››