mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Keep installing usb driver?"

Posted on: May 23, 2011 @ 02:09 PM
joelkyr1
Total Posts:  7
Joined  01-03-2011

Hi,

Need help on this,whenever I connect my MOX6 I keep installing USB driver so my PC can detect it. I’m running Windows XP. Its so annoying.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2011 @ 01:46 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sounds like a problem… please let us know what USB driver (version number is important) with the hundreds of Yamaha products that use USB, it is possible you have the wrong version. Of course, it could be something entirely different but to start to track down the cause we will need to start with the version number. Thanks.

Also what version of XP are you running (Sevice Pack?)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2011 @ 02:01 PM
joelkyr1
Joined  01-03-2011

USB was downloaded from Steinberg site (USB Driver V1.3.0)running on Xp SP3, and its keeps saying that the driver is not digitally signed or incompatible. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2011 @ 04:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Did not the instructions tell you to turn digital signings off? I’m not where I can check, but please check the Installation Guide (carefully) - let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2011 @ 06:14 PM
Igglethorpe
Total Posts:  163
Joined  11-20-2010

Another thing.  Are you using a different USB port each time you plug the cable back in?  That can also force a reinstall of drivers on Windows boxes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2011 @ 06:34 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

With XP after you install the driver the first time you must ALWAYS use the same USB port. The OS is too stupid to recognize the same device plugged into a different port.

Also XP has the nasty problem of a limited number of slots for audio and MIDI drivers which can cause problems, read this article. Also this one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2011 @ 01:22 AM
joelkyr1
Joined  01-03-2011

Ok, I think its the USB port(used diff. port b4), but then again, should I re install it again to make sure its digitally signed, because the first time I was never ask to disable the digitally signed thing, and it already crashed on me (PC). thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ just checked out MOX at G.C.
Next Topic:

Were they thinking about me? ››