mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How long will they last?"

Posted on: May 18, 2011 @ 10:23 AM
summers
Total Posts:  190
Joined  05-22-2007

In 1998 I purchased a Yamaha PSR style keyboard, I don’t recall the model number,(it cost $430.00) that lasted to this day without any trouble.  I haven’t played the unit for several years but it still plays well. I owned a Korg Karma board that is still playing fine after 9 1/2 years.  I kept it 8 of those years and played it hard. All of the other boards that I have had I kept four years or less. The Motif XS that I have now is built like a tank and it seems that it would last a very long time.  I have had it about four years. The MOX6 that I recently purchased is not built like a tank as is true of many boards in that same price range today. Being realistic, they seem flimsy. I really wonder how long they will last. I wonder if they will stand up under a beating of being used for practice 1-2 hours a day and then one or two outings a week. Yamaha, what should we realistically expect?  Those with technical skills, are the boards of today in the mid range built to last?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2011 @ 12:09 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I assume the PSR you purchased back in 1998 that is still working, was built by the same company building the MOX… maybe they know something about such things. :)

Only time will tell, but you provide fairly good evidence that you just might get more than your money’s worth… we’ll have to wait and see… in the meantime make some Mo’music

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2011 @ 11:47 PM
summers
Total Posts:  190
Joined  05-22-2007

Thanks for the response, Bad Mister, I am working the MOX6 hard(but not putting it away wet).  It is certainly meeting my needs.  I’ll hope for a long and pleasant musical experience with this board. Thanks for your comments, Purcell.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX Midi problem
Next Topic:

Getting USB Audio In to Work In Cubase AI5. ››