mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase 6.0.2 has ruined my Life!"

Posted on: May 08, 2011 @ 12:18 PM
dsjump
Total Posts:  5
Joined  02-21-2009

Well, maybe not all my life, but now that I have your attention ... I’m surprised no one else seems to be reporting this ... (Good news or bad?)…

Everything on my setup was perfect, at long last… XS8 hooked up to Cubase 6.0 with all the latest downloads. I’m recording Motif sounds on the DAW—Things are great. Then comes 6.0.2, and Steinberg recommends we all update.

Suddenly Cubase can’t hear XS! There’s an mLan connection, all the setting are as before, I hit a key and there’s even a register on the level indicator on the transport, but no sound. Not from Sonic or any other VST. Not from XS. The Editor (VST and regular) won’t come on. Time out errors always. They won’t come onlline. I check device settings. I reinstall Extensions and editors None of this helps.

Does anyone have a clue. Can I go back to 6.0? This is the worst it’s ever been.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2011 @ 03:37 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I love it - ruined your life...!!! :) What if it is just that after updating the software some of your settings were changed - you have to leave room for that possibility - I’m sure the goal of the update was not to make your gear work any more.

Take your time and review your settings.

Suddenly Cubase can’t hear XS! There’s an mLan connection, all the setting are as before, I hit a key and there’s even a register on the level indicator on the transport, but no sound.

Cubase could never hear :), I’m sure you know this. If it is indicating that that level is present, then the error is in your output assignment area.

You mention mLAN - so go through your audio routing checklist. It is not clear from your post if you are recording MIDI data to Cubase or audio data. Nor do you mention if you are using the Editor VST. (if the items mentioned below do not fix it, post back with some pertinent informaton).

_ Go to DEVICES > VST CONNECTIONS > OUTPUT
Verify that the “Motif XS Main L” and “Motif XS Main R” are selected as your DEVICE PORTS

_ Load a previous Project that was working.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ studio manager doesn’t show my xs8
Next Topic:

firmware version error ››