mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How important is not having After Touch on the MOX"

Posted on: May 01, 2011 @ 01:02 PM
wilsong
Total Posts:  38
Joined  03-07-2009

Just evaluating things. Do I really need After Touch What will I be missing

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2011 @ 06:54 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010
wilsong - 01 May 2011 01:02 PM

Just evaluating things. Do I really need After Touch What will I be missing

You’ll be missing the ability to alter a sound (after you play a note) by simply pressing the key harder. It’s most often used to add vibrato or some other kind of modulation effect, or to alter a filter (i.e. make the sound brighter), though all kinds of things are possible. Without aftertouch, you can also so these same things with knobs, wheels, and pedals. The advantage of aftertouch over wheels/knobs is that you don’t have to use a hand (so your other hand can still be playing something else). The advantage of aftertouch over a pedal is that there’s only one pedal, so you have to lose one function to get another (i.e. if you want to use your pedal for volume, you can’t also use it for modulation or filter). It also sometimes just feels very expressive to alter the effect with the fingers you’re using to play the notes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2013 @ 11:31 AM
Pcode
Total Posts:  399
Joined  12-24-2003

You can do that with cf7 foot pedal ... You are not missing much… After touch is just another controller attached to keys. But it’s not per key it effects the entire channel.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Software/Drivers for MOX posted
Next Topic:

How does the MOX acoustic piano sound ? ››