mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "why yammy why the 64 note poly"

Posted on: April 25, 2011 @ 11:17 PM
dingo_klectos4
Total Posts:  38
Joined  04-12-2011

64 note poly by yamaha when roland gives 128 even in the ancient juno g. is there a reason? do you think having 128 poly will cut into xf sales? please yamaha you make me laugh lolz!

that being said the mo x has a decent sound. but it still needs a syringe of that fatness and beefiness its missing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2011 @ 10:14 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

mid-range price ... if you need more powerful then go to XS/XF series. Moreover, if you know how to use poly wisely then you’ll never run out of polyphony.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2011 @ 12:08 PM
zikerstu
Total Posts:  326
Joined  08-06-2008

Exactly! If you need more you gotta buy the product/model that has more. I still use my Roland XP30 alongside my XS and it only has 64 note polyphony.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2011 @ 07:21 PM
nightowlgk2
Total Posts:  16
Joined  06-22-2011

Yamaha has done well with the MOX. I’m totally surprised at how well the MOX8 handles real world playing of layers of 2 parts(Piano/str) given the 64 voice limit. 

My S-90 would choke and cut off on some performances, and that is 128 voices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2011 @ 03:35 AM
Frank
Total Posts:  1422
Joined  11-05-2002

its verry near a XS with 64notes and small display.
i like the small display reminds me on my motif classic.

greetings Frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2011 @ 06:18 PM
Phlox
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-20-2011

Moreover, if you know how to use poly wisely then you’ll never run out of polyphony.

I’m curious How do I do that ??

I’ve been looking at the MOX8 and my only concern is this polyphony of 64.

As a guitar player, I have no clue how you can use the poly wisely.
So whats the secret ??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2011 @ 09:37 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Never running out of polyphony has to do with not only choosing Voices wisely (knowing how they are constructed), but also using the MO-X to its fullest.

It has a built-in audio interface - that allows you to record using MIDI and AUDIO in combination. With Cubase AI, you can have a look at the world of integrated recording.

Recording data as MIDI allows you to easily correct and perfect your musical performance… then printing that track as audio (via USB to your computer), allows you then to reuse the MO-X tone engine resources. The integration of MIDI and audio / hardware and software really comes together.

The MO-X features 4 CHANNEL (dual stereo) audio outputs via USB. The A/D INPUT is fixed to USB 1/2, while MO-X PARTS can be routed as necessary to USB 1/2 or USB 3/4. This flexible routing allows you to build up discreet audio tracks for your music parts as you perfect them. You can print these tracks using and re-using the power VCM INSERTION EFFECTS.

In this fashion not only does polyphony cease to be an issue, so does how many parts and tracks you record. Cubase AI gives you 48 audio track - use MIDI when it help you dial in a musical performance, record audio tracks so that you can then reallocate your MO-X resources!

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2011 @ 01:37 AM
Moomintroll
Total Posts:  25
Joined  05-06-2011

Bad Mister, thanks again for the detailed reply. The only trouble I see with this is with mixing and leveling at the end. Perhaps, when a song is done, it should be downloaded to the computer (via the USB audio recorded) track by track and do mixing and leveling from there on.

However, the real power of the MoX, as far as I’m concerned, is the pattern mode, and I wonder if what you have described can be done while in Pattern mode? Can I record in pattern mode while listening to the tracks I have already recorded and “printed” to the computer as WAV?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2011 @ 06:19 AM
Phlox
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-20-2011

@Bad_Mister
THX for your reply !! very clear !!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2011 @ 08:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

However, the real power of the MoX, as far as I’m concerned, is the pattern mode, and I wonder if what you have described can be done while in Pattern mode? Can I record in pattern mode while listening to the tracks I have already recorded and “printed” to the computer as WAV?

Yes, clock synchronization allows you to work in either SONG or PATTERN mode. The differences would be minor (Measure ‘locate’ is available in linear SONGs, not in the PATTERN Mode, etc.)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Part Volume Control Question
Next Topic:

MOX6 expected RRP in OZ ?? ››