mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Phrase Into Song Dilemma"

Posted on: April 19, 2011 @ 12:55 PM
Steve Pas
Total Posts:  87
Joined  02-29-2008

Greetings all,
I have created a song on my MO8 that I put the drum track in as the last thing.  For the first time I discovered the phrase button in song mode that lets me put in a phrase to a particular track in a particular single measure???  My first question is that when this function is used, is there any way to put in a phrase to a group of measures rather than one single measure?  This has worked great except now I have a section of 7 measures using phrase Dr1 192 that plays only the first measure of that 4 measure phrase, so I am missing a snare drum hit that occurs in measure 2 and 4 of this phrase.  Is there a simple way I can go back into the song and splice in this entire phrase?  Or, must I go into full blown pattern mode, create my pattern sections using Dr1 188-195, chain these together, convert into a blank song with a single track with the drums and then copy that track into my finished song (maybe I should have done this in the first place)?  Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Steve Pas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2011 @ 03:05 PM
Steve Pas
Total Posts:  87
Joined  02-29-2008

Duhhhhhh!
I think I just figured this one while looking through the same section of the manual I was looking at last night while I was thinking about tearing my hair out.

It looks like if I specify measure 001 for a 4 measure phrase, that phrase will write it’s 4 measures to 001 to 004.  This was kind of happening to me I and I didn’t even see it in front of my face.  So, each time I wrote phrase Dr1 192 to measure 063, then again to 064, then again to 065, etc etc I was overwriting the entire phrase with its first measure each time.  So now, what I need to do is use that phrase button and write phrase Dr1 192 to measure 063, then do this again for measure 067, and now I will get that snare hit every other measure.

Am I now fully understanding this concept?

It’s amazing how after 3 years with this bad boy I still get lost on some of the more simple (or maybe it is me that is simple) things.

If someone could now tell me I am on track (no pun intended) I would appreciate it.

Steve Pas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2011 @ 03:31 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Yes, only write it once every four bars.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MO6 Daisy Chain Pains
Next Topic:

suggestions for patch for reggae organ bubble ? ››