mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO6/8 and MO X sequencer"

Posted on: April 14, 2011 @ 01:23 AM
MrKrys
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-14-2011

Does anyone know if the MO 6/8 and MO X sequencer are compatible in any way? I’m hoping to import the patterns/songs that I created on the MO 6/8 into the MO X.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2011 @ 09:56 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

I think data is YES, but voice and effects is NO, because the voice number and effect type won’t be the same.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2011 @ 10:38 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Any two MIDI sequencers are compatible - you can transfer data between them using what is called a Standard MIDI File (SMF) - files with the extension .MID

The MO and its VOICES and EFFECTS are getting a major (major) overhaul when you move to the MO-X. You are going from 512 Preset VOICES to 1024 Preset - and it is not a simple situation where they added 512 VOICES… It is an entirely new sound set (yes some Voices that became ‘standard’ will be found in new version, but there is not any real attempt to make it exactly like the old MO. In fact, it was an attempt to make it something bigger, and better.

The arpeggiator is a different thing from the old MO arps… actually there are four arpeggiators and the way they approach things like the MegaVoice data has been completely changed.

The PATTERN mode has changed as well. The old MO had something like 687 Preset Drum Phrases. There are no more Preset Drum Phrases in the Pattern sequencer… with more than 6700 arpeggio and more than 2000 of them being drums, having them available for real time access and control is another new thing in the MO-X. WIth that many drum grooves, they are far more accessible via the arpeggiator than the PATTERN PATCH grid.

You can ensure that your MIDI data can be loaded into the MO-X by saving each SONG as a SMF… you will need (and want) to select new sounds from the MO-X’s expanded library of presets. I recommend that you take your PATTERNS, Chain them, convert them to a SONG then save them in SMF format.

You can export PATTERNS from the old MO, but you need to make a separate .MID file for each SECTION. If you chain them and convert them to a linear SONG, it is a simle matter later to divide them back into PATTERN Sections using the SONG Job: SPLIT SONG TO PATTERN

Look for an announcement soon about converting data - as I understand, it is being looked at…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2011 @ 10:49 AM
youdog
Total Posts:  482
Joined  01-31-2009

No the MOX is not compatible with the MO or XF,XS,ES. If you check back in about 3 mos. they maybe Mr. Yamaha USA has talked to Yamaha Japan.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Patch selection (voice mode, split function)
Next Topic:

Assignable knobs ››