mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I want my Xf sequencer to be quantized by Logic."

Posted on: March 24, 2011 @ 11:11 PM
jlc2296
Total Posts:  24
Joined  01-08-2011

I would like my songs to be composed in the motif sequencer using all motif sounds. But when it comes to the timing and feel, i would like to use Logic’s quantize functions.

I have read many topics on this. options like external instrument. I am very confused as to which method is needed to do this. But the firewire thing with cubase AI is my last resort. I would just like the step by step process to setting it up in logic. Can anyone help me??!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2011 @ 01:09 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Simply save the song as an smf file and open it in Logic. Quantize it to your liking, export it again as an smf file and reload it into your XF song.

My Disclaimer) :)

Be aware that you are working with two very different sequencers in this sense: Logic’s sequencer has twice the resolution as the XF sequencer: {960 ppq parts (per quarter note) or 240 ticks per 1/16th note to 480 ppq (parts per quarter note) or 120 ticks per 1/16th note}. Anyway, once you’ve quantized it in Logic, certain phrases, depending on the tempo of a song and their complexity, may not ‘feel’ the same.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Time stretching an audio clip in Logic 9
Next Topic:

Hey ››