mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No “start playing on keypress” option in SONG mode"

Posted on: March 18, 2011 @ 04:09 PM
Vertical
Total Posts:  209
Joined  12-12-2009

Hi
I a problem

“Start playing on keypress” option in [SONG] mode disappeared.. Also it is not present on record screen.. Help I really need it back :)

(see attachment)

Image Attachments
YamahaMotifXS_Fig3.gif
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2011 @ 06:18 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I a problem

“Start playing on keypress” option in [SONG] mode disappeared.. Also it is not present on record screen.. Help I really need it back :)

Sorry, but you were dreaming if you ever saw the “KEY ON START SWITCH” in SONG mode. It is found in the following places:
1) PATTERN mode
2) PATTERN Chain
3) Direct PERFORMANCE RECORD

It may be in Direct Performance Record that you associate it with SONG, as you can target a SONG or a PATTERN with a PERFORMANCE. It is particularly useful when attempting to record arpeggio data directly to the Motif XS sequencer. You can have the KEY ON start both the Sequencer and the arpeggio with a single gesture.

While you can start a PATTERN with the KEY ON START SWITCH, this is not available in SONG mode. When recording to the SONG, you use a CLICK “Count-in”, and hit the keys as close to the downbeat as you (humanly) can…

Did you know: You have an “ARP Sync Quantize Value” that ensures that your key press only needs to be close; you can have the XS quantize the initial note-on (arp trigger) event so the arp is corrected to start on the beat value - as you set.

Press [SONG]
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON EDIT]
Press [F1] GENERAL
Set the ARP Sync Quantize Value = what makes you comfortable - this only quantizes the start of the arpeggio pattern to the nearest value you set and play.

But as far as the “KEY ON START SWITCH” feature being actually in SONG mode, never was… that is not where it is found.

Image Attachments
ARpSyncQuantValue.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2011 @ 09:23 PM
Vertical
Total Posts:  209
Joined  12-12-2009

Thanks BM, hope to see this func in future OS updates, because there’s no reason not to have it
And ARP sync Quantize Value is nice thing, didn’t know about this.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Possible network fix on windows 7
Next Topic:

From Controling Volume with Foot Pedal ››