mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Tyros4 Choirs on XF ?"

Posted on: March 04, 2011 @ 05:54 AM
DanteP
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-19-2011

Hi!

There is the possibility of having the wonderful Choirs of Tyros4 on the Motif XF?  Some libraries in the future?

(see: “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAUsxCAGh2A")

Dante

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 01:08 PM
PhilW
Total Posts:  3
Joined  08-15-2010

I was playing a Tyros 4 in a shop today - I’m very happy generally with my Motif XS but if there is an area that is not up to par (IMHO), it is the vocal sounds.  However those on the Tyros 4 are amazing!  Surely Yamaha should look at this and release a set of vocal sounds for the XF/XS.  If they don’t, it is only a matter of time before someone else steps into the breach…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 01:36 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
PhilW - 15 July 2011 01:08 PM

I was playing a Tyros 4 in a shop today - I’m very happy generally with my Motif XS but if there is an area that is not up to par (IMHO), it is the vocal sounds.  However those on the Tyros 4 are amazing!

Welcome to the forum.

With a list price of $5999US, and a MAP of about $1000 less, it’s not surprising that there are certain aspects of the Tyros 4 (which, BTW, is 61-key) that are better than the XF/XS.

Surely Yamaha should look at this and release a set of vocal sounds for the XF/XS.

It would be nice, but I suspect that Yamaha might be reluctant to do so, since that could potentially minimize one of the attractions of the Tyros 4.

If they don’t, it is only a matter of time before someone else steps into the breach…

Could be—I could even see someone sampling a Tyros 4, and marketing a CD on eBay. (Not legal? Copyright infringement, etc.? When did that stop anyone selling on eBay?)

So yes, it might make sense for Yamaha to release something.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 01:51 PM
PhilW
Joined  08-15-2010

In the meantime, are you aware of any sample sound add-ons for the XS/XF that deliver good choir/vocal samples?  I have the extra set of sounds that Yamaha released - it did have a scat vocal that I think originated from the Tyros and one or two other choir sounds, but again they weren’t as good as others I have heard.  I have also set up sounds using downloaded Mellotron choir samples for my “Genesis moments”!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 01:52 PM
PhilW
Joined  08-15-2010

Sorry, I should also have said “Thanks” for the prompt response!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 02:49 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
PhilW - 15 July 2011 01:51 PM

In the meantime, are you aware of any sample sound add-ons for the XS/XF that deliver good choir/vocal samples?[...]

I don’t know how “good”, since I don’t own it myself…
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/motif-xf/natural-acoustic-voices/digital-sound-factory-vocal-xpressions-voice-bank-for-motif-xs.html

http://www.arrangerworkstation.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=voices&Number=435819&page;=&view;=&sb;=&o;=&fpart=1&vc=1

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/443681/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 05:30 PM
kbrkr
Total Posts:  138
Joined  07-29-2003

I’m very fortunate to have both the Tyros 4 and the Motif XF.  I haven’t tried it, but you can take a core Vocal voice and save it as a custom voice then I’m sure use a utility program from Chicken Systems or John Melas to convert that voice to a .WAV or a Motif Sample.

I have the John Melas Wave Editor, but I haven’t tried it yet.

And yes...the Tyros is a VERY good keyboard. I use it for Wedding Ceremonies and cocktail hours.  then I use it as my upper keyboard to the Motif for the Reception gig.  I can patch up fast on the T4 with those amazing acoustic voices. 

We do Elvis “Suspicious minds” and I use the Tyros 4 Gospel voices for the vocals during the breakdown of that song.  I also usually end the Wedding ceremony playing ODE TO JOY as the bride and groom walk down the isle and I layer orchestra, Strings, and Vocal voices for the Right hand melody.  It sounds awesome!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 07:26 PM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010
kbrkr - 15 July 2011 05:30 PM

I’m very fortunate to have both the Tyros 4 and the Motif XF.  I haven’t tried it, but you can take a core Vocal voice and save it as a custom voice then I’m sure use a utility program from Chicken Systems or John Melas to convert that voice to a .WAV or a Motif Sample.

I have the John Melas Wave Editor, but I haven’t tried it yet.

And yes...the Tyros is a VERY good keyboard. I use it for Wedding Ceremonies and cocktail hours.  then I use it as my upper keyboard to the Motif for the Reception gig.  I can patch up fast on the T4 with those amazing acoustic voices. 

We do Elvis “Suspicious minds” and I use the Tyros 4 Gospel voices for the vocals during the breakdown of that song.  I also usually end the Wedding ceremony playing ODE TO JOY as the bride and groom walk down the isle and I layer orchestra, Strings, and Vocal voices for the Right hand melody.  It sounds awesome!

Hi kbrkr,
Yes, that procedure of customizing and saving a Tyros 4 Vocal voice was shared with me a couple months ago, from a Yamaha dealer that carries Tyros, but not Motif. Giovanni Music.
Even though the Motif XF and Tyros 4 have different sound engines, as you mentioned, the customization of those voices, could then be saved & be made available for installing in the XF.

I only wonder if they would sound as good in a Motif Xf coming from thee Tyros 4?

On a side note: The only song I ever truly liked by Elvis Presley was “In The Ghetto”.

Two Kings…

Chas

Image Attachments
Lil elvis presley Ma & Pa 1937.jpgElvis Presley cleaner.jpgmichael-jackson-elvis-presley.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2011 @ 08:35 PM
bytexion
Total Posts:  128
Joined  05-12-2011

I would like a good multisample of the Mellotron male choir on my XF..so I could rock it out with prog rock solos.

A Genesis solo always goes epic when Tony hits the mellotron choir on the second part.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2011 @ 03:15 AM
maahou
Total Posts:  106
Joined  07-18-2011

Hi,

Is there a light version for the tyros on plan ?

Like the MOX for the XF/XS ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2011 @ 09:25 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Is there a light version for the tyros on plan ?

Like the MOX for the XF/XS ?

The lite versions of the Tyros are the PSR-S-series keyboards.

Arranger Workstation keyboards by Yamaha PSR-S910 is the model based on the Tyros 3…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ syncing midi with an external processor
Next Topic:

4 part arpeggio limit?!?! ››