mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "External Sequencer & XS In Live Performance"

Posted on: February 26, 2011 @ 01:00 PM
alanb
Total Posts:  301
Joined  02-15-2009

I am wanting to incorporate an external sequencer playing back edited midi files in a live performance setting.

I am trying to decide on which machine might be best. I have been looking at several and I was hoping someone might have first hand experience with these:

Korg MP10 Pro

Merish Plus

Ketron Midjay

Okyweb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2011 @ 05:52 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

just wondering you already have a XS, why would you need another sequencer? is it rack version?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2011 @ 07:26 PM
alanb
Joined  02-15-2009

No it is not a rack. The XS sequencer works great..however it won’t hold enough songs. Also..playing live along with midi tracks using the XS alone means I need to be in Song or Pattern Mode. I want to be able to layer Voices and have individual volume control for each Voice.

For me, the best way to do this is to be in Performance Mode...playing live with an external sequencer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2011 @ 09:31 PM
ibarragan82
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-11-2011

If I’m gona spend more money and want the right sequencer I’d probably get another xs… maybe a 6.
I got an xs6 for 1000 on craigslist and us an s90 to play live along next to my xs sequences.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2011 @ 01:13 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

If I were you, I will export the midi (without live tracks) to audio, then use 1 audio track for it. Others tracks you can layer/split for live. You can use sliders for volume of each tracks.

Nothing to buy…

;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2011 @ 08:32 PM
alanb
Joined  02-15-2009

Tell me more about that....how do I export the midi to audio? 
What do you mean use 1 audio track?
Are you in Song Mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi Question
Next Topic:

Keyboard Amp - Suggestions? ››