mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to Record Mo8 in Logic as an external Device"

Posted on: February 11, 2011 @ 10:11 PM
Necthael
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-11-2011

Hello Everyone,
I’ve been trying to setup my MO8 with logic but I have gotten nowhere very fast. Your help is much needed and appreciated!  I have an Mbox pro 2 as my interface functioning well in Logic Pro 9, and a MO8. I have gotten to the point where I can hear sound from the Mo8 through LOgic but I can’t record anything. I Would Rather just start from scratch with the help of someone, I think it would be less confusing!

The sooner I could get this figured out the better, Thank You

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2011 @ 12:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We’ve moved your post to the LOGIC Forum heading here on Motifator, as your question really is about operation of the software (Logic) not the MO synthesizer.

As far as the MO is concerned you are outputting to kinds of messages that you have to be ready to recieve and route within your selected DAW (digital audio workstation) software (Logic). They are: MIDI and AUDIO.

MIDI
You do not mention but it is important how you are connected to your computer for MIDI communication. You can either connect the MO directly to the computer via a USB cable - or you might be connected to your choosen interface via standard 5-pin MIDI cables.
In either case you will need to make the MIDI IN/OUT parameter setting accordingly. Press [UTILITY] > [F5] MIDI > [SF4] OTHER > set the MIDI IN/OUT parameter to reflect how you are connected to your computer: “USB” or “MIDI”

Audio
The other type of message is, of course, the audio signal, which we assume you have the Left and Right outputs of the MO connected to two discreet channels on your audio interface.

The rest of your question is really all about Logic and your audio interface. You will find several knowledgeable folks about the ins and outs of the Logic environment, here in this forum heading - many of them had the same questions at some point.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2011 @ 02:22 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

See the following thread. If you have any problems check back…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ smf show up in logic but nothing plays
Next Topic:

Can’t Record in Logic ››