mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "B’s Knees XF, B3 organ library, now available for the XF"

Posted on: February 05, 2011 @ 01:10 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

B’s Knees, the premier classic B3 organs library, is now available
for the Motif XF, at the Motifator.com Shop. Every voice has been
re-worked for this latest edition of the library. Leslie emulations
are now more authentic, as are the emulations of the famous classic rock, pop, and soul B3’s of the past. Everything from leakage levels to
tonewheel whine to Leslie pre-amp “wheeze”, horn and rotor grind, and
switchable chorus/vibrato has been re-analyzed and remastered with
painstaking attention to detail.

Audio demos and more details about “B’s Knees XF” here:

http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/motif-xf/organs/b-s-knees-for-motif-xf.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2011 @ 01:51 AM
The Shank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  08-15-2005

I just checked out the demos and they sound fantastic.  I’ve been impressed with the ES and XS versions and I believe you’ve outdone yourself with the XF version.  The difference in sound is easily heard.  You must have put quite a bit of time in and not simply reformatted these voices.

Thanks and I’m making my purchase now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2011 @ 02:54 AM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002
The Shank - 05 February 2011 01:51 AM

I just checked out the demos and they sound fantastic.  I’ve been impressed with the ES and XS versions and I believe you’ve outdone yourself with the XF version.  The difference in sound is easily heard.  You must have put quite a bit of time in and not simply reformatted these voices.

Thanks and I’m making my purchase now.

Hey thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2011 @ 04:30 AM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

Does this one also work with the XS ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2011 @ 05:17 AM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Dave,
That’s great news Dave. I am one who has always loved those rich full Hammond B3 sounds. From all of those wonderful groups too.

Another Great job, from Dave Polich, a very good man.

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2011 @ 08:29 AM
ukm
Total Posts:  20
Joined  10-07-2010

Very nice sounding demos.
Just wonder how it sounds when I apply the Neoinstruments Ventilator instead of the internal overdrive and rotary.
I’ll try it out.

ukm

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2011 @ 01:42 PM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002
venattboy - 05 February 2011 04:30 AM

Does this one also work with the XS ?

No - it is for the XF only.

The XS version still available here:

http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/motif-xs-voice-libraries/b-s-knees-for-the-motif-xs.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 08:43 AM
Twinton
Total Posts:  83
Joined  09-21-2004

Hi,
Good job, Dave ;)
Do you used some new Motif XF waveforms to built this bank ?
You speak about improvements on leslie emulation effects essentially..., anything that can’t be done with the Motif XS because XF and XS effects are stricly the same..., so i don’t understand why this bank couldn’t work to with the XS ?
Hope it isn’t only a markleting choice....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 02:01 PM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002
Twinton - 06 February 2011 08:43 AM

Hi,
Good job, Dave ;)
You speak about improvements on leslie emulation effects essentially..., anything that can’t be done with the Motif XS because XF and XS effects are stricly the same..., so i don’t understand why this bank couldn’t work to with the XS ?

The B’s Knees XF library is formatted for the XF and will not load to the
XS. The XS cannot load a XF-formatted file. B’s Knees XF does not use new waveforms.

The improvements to the Leslie effects are adjustments to parameters in
the rotary speaker effect which is the same as the one in the XS. However,
there is no plan at this time to go back and re-do B’s Knees for the XS.

Th sounds you hear in the B’ Knees XF demos are better not only because
of the re-programming that was done, but also because the XF itself sounds
significantly better, overall, than the XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 05:20 PM
jmcmathortho
Total Posts:  34
Joined  02-06-2004

The XF version of the sounds really sound good on the Demo’s.
I have tried for 2 days to purchase this version but the Web Store drops the item from my shopping cart.  I have gotten as far as entering my address etc but it drops everything before I can pay.  Anyone else had this problem?  There server must be screwed up. JM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 05:35 PM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009

Nice stuff! I have an XS though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2011 @ 01:49 AM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002
jmcmathortho - 06 February 2011 05:20 PM

The XF version of the sounds really sound good on the Demo’s.
I have tried for 2 days to purchase this version but the Web Store drops the item from my shopping cart.  I have gotten as far as entering my address etc but it drops everything before I can pay.  Anyone else had this problem?  There server must be screwed up. JM

Contact Keyfax during their business hours (10 AM to 5 PM US Pacific Time) on Monday about this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2011 @ 02:58 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Dave - amazing wonderful new sounds in the demo, I love them - I’m frankly not happy with the XF factory organs and don’t/can’t use them in the rock/alt rock genre my band plays.  Quick question that anyone with XF skills already knows and will probably laugh at me for, I don’t care:

a) Can I load these to a bank other than User 4?  I ask because I’ve been saving all of the voices and performances I have created in User4.

b) Or ... is there an easy way to mass copy everything I now have in User4 to User3 (voice and per) so I can then load your new creations to User4 as intended?  If I move the voices, will the Performance dependencies auto-update or will I have to re-identify them all?

Perhaps I should use Johm Melas’ software, I wondered if there is a way within the XF environment to do it easily.

Humble apologies for such rudimentary needs/questions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2011 @ 05:51 PM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002
motidave - 07 February 2011 02:58 PM

a) Can I load these to a bank other than User 4?  I ask because I’ve been saving all of the voices and performances I have created in User4.

Yes, you can load by setting load Type to “1 bank voice”. You then highlight the name of your source library, hit enter, a screen comes up listing the five source user banks (User 1 to 4, and UDR which is user drum). You highlight the source bank (which would be user 4)< Then below
the Type field you will see destinations - Bank and User. Set these to what you want and press SF2 Load and then Yes.

Keep in mind that this is only to load voices, not performances. The performances reference the voices in their originally programmed location - User 4. So you will have to load the performances separately and point
their parts to the User bank where you loaded the voices.

b) Or ... is there an easy way to mass copy everything I now have in User4 to User3 (voice and per) so I can then load your new creations to User4 as intended?  If I move the voices, will the Performance dependencies auto-update or will I have to re-identify them all?

Perhaps I should use Johm Melas’ software, I wondered if there is a way within the XF environment to do it easily.

Copying voices from one bank to another requires you to do it one voice
at a time if you do it manually from the XF front panel. Yes, JM’s Librarian would be faster to use. Anytime you move voices, the Performances will not auto-update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2011 @ 10:19 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004
DavePolich - 06 February 2011 02:01 PM
Twinton - 06 February 2011 08:43 AM

Hi,
Good job, Dave ;)

The B’s Knees XF library is formatted for the XF and will not load to the
XS. The XS cannot load a XF-formatted file. B’s Knees XF does not use new waveforms.

The improvements to the Leslie effects are adjustments to parameters in
the rotary speaker effect which is the same as the one in the XS. However,
there is no plan at this time to go back and re-do B’s Knees for the XS.

Th sounds you hear in the B’ Knees XF demos are better not only because
of the re-programming that was done, but also because the XF itself sounds
significantly better, overall, than the XS

Damm if I had known that I wouldn’t have sold my ES6 and waited until the XF came out instead of buying the XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2011 @ 06:42 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010
DavePolich - 07 February 2011 05:51 PM

Yes, you can load by setting load Type to “1 bank voice”. You then highlight the name of your source library, hit enter, a screen comes up listing the five source user banks (User 1 to 4, and UDR which is user drum). You highlight the source bank (which would be user 4)< Then below
the Type field you will see destinations - Bank and User. Set these to what you want and press SF2 Load and then Yes.

Keep in mind that this is only to load voices, not performances. The performances reference the voices in their originally programmed location - User 4. So you will have to load the performances separately and point
their parts to the User bank where you loaded the voices.

Copying voices from one bank to another requires you to do it one voice
at a time if you do it manually from the XF front panel. Yes, JM’s Librarian would be faster to use. Anytime you move voices, the Performances will not auto-update.

Thanks, Dave - you’re awesome.  One note - I got an email reply from John Melas that his library app recognizes and track voice-perf dependencies, so if you move a voice within his library manager, associated performances will auto-update to point to the new voice location.  I haven’t tried his app yet to confirm, not sure if other more proficient users have confirmed this.

I understand that within the XF front panel it has to be done manually, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Piano Library Opinions
Next Topic:

Beginner Question ››