mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help in Florida"

Posted on: January 24, 2011 @ 07:44 PM
wisdom53
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-05-2010

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have a Motif XS8, and just installed:Cubase A15, studio manager, Editor, usb drivers, extensions, and everything else I could find. Studio Manager is seeing my motif, cubase is seeing my motif. My problem is, there is a delay from playing motif and cubase, and I can’t get cubase to record right. Is there a manual for Cubase A15, or a tutorial?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2011 @ 08:33 PM
Multi76
Total Posts:  898
Joined  07-19-2009

You might want to post your questions in the steinberg/cubase forum here.
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewforum/117/

Cubase A15

What is Cubase A15?
Should it be Cubase AI 5...?

My problem is, there is a delay from playing motif and cubase, and I can’t get cubase to record right

Delay on what?
Are we talking midi, audio, vst.
We need more info about your setup…

Is there a manual for Cubase A15, or a tutorial?

http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/dvds/software-specific-dvds/cubase-5-tutorial-dvd-level-1.html

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2011 @ 09:08 PM
wisdom53
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-05-2010

I’m sorry, I am so new to all this. When I play my keyboard, there is a delay on the computer. WIndows 7 64bit, CubaseA1.5. As I play/or record, there is about a second delay, and it makes it hard to record anything

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2011 @ 07:33 PM
mbunkerusa
Total Posts:  71
Joined  02-03-2006

This is beginning to sound like an audio driver problem on the PC.  Do you have an interface device that uses an ASIO driver, as opposed to WDM and the like?  This has been the bane of many a user where the delay from MIDI to audio is 1/2 second or so.
-Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2011 @ 07:45 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We moved this thread to the Steinberg Forum heading as the problem is related to Cubase. Since you are using USB (which on the XS is MIDI only) we are a bit baffled by your 1 second delay. You do not mention any audio driver nor do you mention any audio interface - we, therefore, have to conclude you are not using one. 

Please describe your current setup a bit more. The audio outputs of your Motif XS go where? What are you listening through… this will tell us loads about your 1 second delay (believe it or not).

[ Ignore ]