mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ethernet Network Connection"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: November 20, 2011 @ 02:33 PM
vimmy
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-16-2011
elwinh - 27 June 2011 12:30 AM

Just a word of warning about replacing Windows Live Essentials 2011 with 2009.  There are some backward compatibility issues with the contact database.  Bummer!

Vikas is right - better avoid Windows Live Essentials altogether.

Hi -
Thanks for this tip. I was going crazy with this one. After uninstalling i was able to connect to the PC. But for some reason i am not able to see the USB or the XF on my pC. Is tehre anything i need to do for that?

I have a PC, a Mac, a wifi router that has hd and acts as a NAS and also a dedicated Qnap NAS server. On my XF, i am able to see only the PC and the wifi NAS server, i am not seeing the Mac or the QNAP for some reason. Any tips on that?

Vimmy

Edit: Now my Mac is showing up on XF. I shared a file with SMB and that helped me to see the mac - but it is running Lion and i am not able to mount it - gives the same error as ‘cant connect to host’.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2012 @ 02:27 AM
Ivo29
Total Posts:  13
Joined  10-13-2012

My Windows 7 is 32 bit and even I had the MAJOR issues I started with a crosslink cable to connect it directly to my pc.
with every step of changing the 3 group of numbers and the statif function of maintaining an ip adress and ALL of that...but when I connected it to my router and when I deleted it WLE everything seemed to be allright. who would’ve thought that a japanese company was building a machine in 2010 who would’ve major issues with something like WLE of 2011. I guess there are major security protocols involved with the installation of WLE ? ? Just a guess I am not an expert I know a lot but far from expert level but you would assume that would be the case. Microsoft again trying to obtain rights of communaction and connection that is OURS to begin with !!

Thanks for the tip guys without you I would never found out that even 32 bit based systems are blocking acces to Yamaha products. Dsjie WLE haha who would have thought, yeah you guys, so many thanks and 32 bit windows 7 users : Don’t forget that even your OS is causing comm issues it is not just the 64 bit based ones !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2012 @ 04:00 AM
rasikaw
Total Posts:  59
Joined  11-10-2010

Hey…
Look:
Mount User Name = HPE140 (this is the computer name of the PC on the network)
This should be the user name to be used to access the share on your PC. Not the PC name.
Also turn off the windows fierwall for now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2013 @ 05:56 AM
suresh
Total Posts:  22
Joined  09-20-2010
Bad_Mister - 24 January 2011 12:28 PM

I have successfully connected my XF to a Windows XP, Winodws Vista, and Macintosh (OS 10.5.x) computer. These all appear simultaneously in my Motif XF screen.

I have successfully been able to communicate in both directions with both the Windows XP, Vista and Mac 10.5 computer. That is, reading files to and from both computers, and moving files from those computers directly onto a USB drive connected to the XF’s TO DEVICE port. 

So far with Snow Leopard: I have successfully been able to get the Mac to mount a USB drive which is connected to the Motif XF - which means I can move files stored on the MacBookPro directly to and from a USB drive that is connected to the XF), but I have not yet successfully been able to read or write from the XF to a Snow Leopard Mac. (Previously I was successful in both directions with a Mac running 10.5).

The Windows 7 computer kicks back with some cryptic message about not all items on the network are Windows 7 computers (as if that were important to me)… I’m not a computer network geek, but Windows 7 hears the XF knocking, I just have to figure out how to get the security measures of the OS to let me in. I’m sure it is some security issue that Windows does not recognize the device and because it does not has some extra layer of setup that is necessary.

I am not (as some of you) ready to conclude that is does not work. I simply do not have full time access to all these different computers - so I cannot do much trial and error troubleshooting. And I’m not going to dismantle my home network to reconfigure it based on each computer type (I simply cannot do that, sorry). I’d like to say that we have a team of folks working on it, but that simply is not possible at this time. I will try and find out as much as a I can to help you with this.

Please help me to connect ethernet my motif xs7 with mac 10.8.4
PLEASE GUIDE ME

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2013 @ 09:03 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
suresh - 02 August 2013 05:56 AM

Please help me to connect ethernet my motif xs7 with mac 10.8.4
PLEASE GUIDE ME

Read this thread. Even though it references Snow Leopard the settings for Mountain Lion should be essentially the same.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3