mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "***pLeAsE HeLP mE bAd MiStEr*** Sync arp/drums to melody."

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: January 22, 2011 @ 11:09 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The solution is simple - if you want to use the arpeggios - they use the Motif’s clock which is evidenced by the metronome - then you must use it as well. If you do want to use the metronome you cannot use the arpeggios.

That is, if you want to “free-wheel” the melody (rubato), then you must create your drums the same way… this is a legitimate way to work, but the Motif XF cannot HEAR, so it cannot follow you. Just be consistent if you are “free-wheeling” the melody - then “free-wheel” your drums, period…

this is not rocket surgery :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2011 @ 11:22 PM
luigi2011
Total Posts:  18
Joined  01-22-2011

so, it is ok to “free-wheel” the melody and the drums?

If I make a CD now (lets to say in pro-level but as indie/ independent artist, to reach a billboard, platinum disc, or get a prestigious international award in the future) with some piano songs with “out-of-sync” or “off beat” drums/melodies, (i.e drum playing an entirely different beat/off-beat, or rhythm that is not on the same beat as the melody) can I tell that my songs (piano and drums) are in tempo “rubato” legitimately?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2011 @ 12:20 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Simply put, in the rubato style the tempo isn’t tightly held. However, that usually is not taken to mean that rhythm and melody parts can randomly drift in and out of time with each other. In fact, a portion of a composition that’s rubato is often played by a solo instrument because it’s hard for accompanying players to precisely follow the varying tempo.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2011 @ 12:35 AM
luigi2011
Joined  01-22-2011

I am speaking only about a drum track “out of sync” / “off-beat” with the melody (piano).

however, is here an off-beat or out-of-sync “free wheel” limit between tempo/difference in “tempo rubato”?

(i.e. a piano melody playing 10bpm and drum track in 300bpm) or drum track playing a totally or lightly different rythm of the piano melody?

so again, like BAD MISTER said, it is OK to tell the critics that it is in “tempo rubato” legetimately ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2011 @ 01:42 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

so, it is ok to “free-wheel” the melody and the drums?

If I make a CD now (lets to say in pro-level but as indie/ independent artist, to reach a billboard, platinum disc, or get a prestigious international award in the future) with some piano songs with “out-of-sync” or “off beat” drums/melodies, (i.e drum playing an entirely different beat/off-beat, or rhythm that is not on the same beat as the melody) can I tell that my songs (piano and drums) are in tempo “rubato” legitimately?

Sorry, but if you have tell anybody anything about your music—you’ve missed it!!! lol

Nobody (other than musicians) care how you did something, it is all in how it sounds. If it sounds terrible, then no one will listen… if it sounds great, no one will care how you made it. This is not rocket surgery!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2011 @ 02:14 AM
luigi2011
Joined  01-22-2011

wise words!!!

however, i want to be in the safe zone:

NOW, lets to say, I have composed a piano song that “sounds great” with out-of-sync drums (I know that it “sounds great” because my girlfriend and 10000000 more friends are currently dancing with the song that I have composed but they don’t know nothing about music or off-beat or out-sync drums)…

so, in my previous sample: it “sounds great” (like you said: if it “sounds great”, no one will care how you made it). but my worry is: what about other musicians? to tell that it is in “tempo rubato” is enough? what about the critics of more orthodoxes conservatory musicians laughing or calling me amateur for these out-of-sync drums?

Can I win a Grammy with this song and kick the a** of all these musicians critics telling that it is in “tempo rubato” ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2011 @ 02:38 AM
luigi2011
Joined  01-22-2011

bump

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2011 @ 05:06 PM
luigi2011
Joined  01-22-2011

p.s,

tell me the magic word “yes” and I will go tomorrow to buy a pair of heavy soccer shoes

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2011 @ 08:44 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

You will just have to try things out and see what the reaction is. No one can guarantee you will win anything with your song.

You are using non-musical terms to try and explain something and we are not exactly sure what it is you’re trying to explain. But it doesn’t matter...the best way to find out something is to try it, try other things, record the song, see what happens. If you make mistakes then you make mistakes, and you learn from them.

Please don’t expect any of us here to tell you exactly, step-by-step, how to sequence parts or create a good song. We can’t do that. You have to learn by experimenting with things yourself. That is how “experienced” people do it. In english we call this the “trial-and-error” method.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2011 @ 01:52 PM
fuse
Total Posts:  54
Joined  09-23-2002

Syncing the internal arps/sequencer with an external DAW doesn’t work properly because it keeps drifting.

But if anyone managed to get it working properly please let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ about effects/noise gate ???
Next Topic:

Ethernet Network Connection ››