mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Copying VST instrument to Motif"

Posted on: January 18, 2011 @ 04:33 PM
hdreamer
Total Posts:  221
Joined  12-30-2007

in one of my songs I really like Distortion Guitar (VST Instrument, Halionone). Is it possible and how to use that same instrument in my Motif Classic.
In Cubase I have all the MIDI tracks that I transfer to Motif Song mode. However, I’m not sure how to transfer/copy/create that Distortion Guitar sound to my Motif so I can have the same sound without using Cubase?

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2011 @ 04:51 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

You can’t copy ‘sounds’ from HalionOne to your synth. MIDI, as you know, is not audio, so transferring MIDI back and forth is quite different than transferring samples or audio files. Just use HalionOne in the current manner in Cubase.................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2011 @ 05:03 PM
hdreamer
Joined  12-30-2007

but I want to go live, only me and my synth. No computer. And it would be really helpful if I could use that sound. So its not possible :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2011 @ 08:21 AM
Motified
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-21-2011

it is on the motif xf. you can use that same sample in cubase on your motif xf and take it live.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2011 @ 03:10 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Well hdreamer has a Motif Classic and the question was about copying a sound from HalionOne in Cubase to his synth, but I guess that information may benefit Motif XF users. :) Whatever Yamaha synth one owns, it is also best to check the Voices it contains because there is indeed a chance there may be ones similar to patches in HalionOne.......................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2011 @ 02:27 PM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

If I remember correctly, Halion one uses the raw samples from the classic as its stock sounds.
So it should be possible to re-create that sound, if not exactly, at least close enough to work.

Have you been through the electric guitar sounds on the classic to compare?

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2011 @ 04:21 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Exactly, Wellie, and that’s why I recommended that the person with the question should check and see what Voices he does have. HalionOne also has the S90 piano, and perhaps other Voices from other Yamaha synths, so there is a chance, as we said, that something useful might already be available in the Classic. Of course, Cubase +HalionOne can also be installed on a laptop and used on stage as well, but it does mean having more than just the Motif available.........................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2011 @ 07:50 PM
hdreamer
Joined  12-30-2007

well, I did check other instruments in Motif, of course, but I thought it would be easier to copy the instrument I wanted to Motif. I did found one that is ok, it is not close enough but different but still sounds ok.

So it should be possible to re-create that sound, if not exactly, at least close enough to work.

Recreate by ear, or there are some data available that I am not aware of and that I could simply copy?
How do I do that?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2011 @ 10:07 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Re. “or there are some data available that I am not aware of and that I could simply copy?
How do I do that?”

:) I repeat; you cannot copy the sound or the data from HalionOne in Cubase to your synth or move that ‘sound’ to your synth. As we suggested, you will need to use what you have, and edit (as much as possible) a Voice in your synth that you do like. Hope that helps.........................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2011 @ 07:48 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

...and since the raw samples in the Motif and in Halion one are the same, it should be possible to get very close by adjusting the voice parameters on the Motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2011 @ 06:27 PM
hdreamer
Joined  12-30-2007

Oh, I understand. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase LE 4 Playback
Next Topic:

Someone help me with MIDI control on Cubase 5 ››