mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AN Expert Editor on Windows 7"

Posted on: January 15, 2011 @ 01:04 AM
rickymaron
Total Posts:  4
Joined  09-19-2010

Is there any way to get AN Expert Editor working on Windows 7 in any of the compatibility modes. If not, can someone point be to a good tutorial on programming from the ES screen.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2011 @ 08:19 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

rickymaron - 15 January 2011 01:04 AM

Is there any way to get AN Expert Editor working on Windows 7 in any of the compatibility modes. If not, can someone point be to a good tutorial on programming from the ES screen.

I’m using AN Expert Editor v1.2.2 (the latest one) on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and everything works fine without any issue.
As MIDI interface I’m using USB, since (unfortunately) mLAN interface is not compatible with firewire on my laptop (MSI EX723, C2D 6.6MHz, 4GbRAM).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2011 @ 11:51 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
rickymaron - 15 January 2011 01:04 AM

can someone point be to a good tutorial on programming from the ES screen.

You can’t fully program the PLG150-AN from the ES, you can only do “offsets” to already programmed sounds in the board.

There is good information in the PLG manual about offset programming. The example screens are not identical to what you’ll see on the ES but the description of the parameters is what’s important.

To program on the ES, select a PLG voice, press EDIT and then use the COMMON and (track/element) 1 buttons to access the various parameter screens, same as a Motif voice (the PLG boards all act as single element voices). When done, you STORE your edits to one of the 64 PLG-USR voice locations.

The element you will see displayed on the ES screen is just a pointer to a PLG voice location not a name; there are 256 presets (in 2 banks) plus a bank of 128 user locations. If you have not loaded anything into the user RAM at power-up, the user bank is simply copies of voices in the preset banks. The PLG manual lists all the presets to help you choose one.

Choose the preset you want to modify then start tweaking offsets to taste. Because you cannot deep edit, you need to locate a preset that is already somewhat close to the sound you are after.

Hope this gets you going.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2011 @ 05:16 PM
tripstation
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-04-2005

Hi,
Is the AN Expert editor compatible with Win 7 64 Bit running as a plug in in studio Manager?
It runs stand alone but, it doesn’t seem to appear in Studio Manager?

Also does the DX Simulator work in 64 Bit Win 7?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2011 @ 09:19 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

tripstation - 09 February 2011 05:16 PM

Hi,
Is the AN Expert editor compatible with Win 7 64 Bit running as a plug in in studio Manager?
It runs stand alone but, it doesn’t seem to appear in Studio Manager?

Also does the DX Simulator work in 64 Bit Win 7?

I’m working on Win7 32bit and AN Expert editor, DX Simulator and VL Editor works fine (I have all three PLG boards).
If AN editor works fine stand alone, it should work in SM also.
Try to reinstall application. You should first install SM, then editors. Did you configure SM after installation? You should define what editor(s) you would like to start as default.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2011 @ 04:25 PM
tripstation
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-04-2005

Hi,
I installed the 32 bit version of studio manager in Windows 7 64 bit and then the DX, AN and ES editors.
All appear.
With the 64 bit version of SM the ES editors appear but, not the AN or DX!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150-AN - Trying to purchase
Next Topic:

PLG 150 DX Sound Library ››