mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase 6 announced"

Posted on: January 14, 2011 @ 05:05 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Details on Steinberg’s site here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2011 @ 08:56 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Is it not great. I have already ordered an upgrade from Cubase 5 to Cubase 6. Be carefully tough, Cubase 6 is only for Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.

I hope they ship Cubase 6 incl. a written manual. LOL

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2011 @ 04:57 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

No printed manual anymore, Jan!  Just a Getting Started section.

Does the new grey colour remind you of Logic?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2011 @ 08:21 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Peter,

It is too long ago I worked with LOGIC. More than 10 years I think maybe more. So I really do not remember the colours used in Logic. LOL. Did I already worked with LOGIC in the ATARI ST period. Yes, I think so. Later the switched to Windows and after that to Apple. However, before they switched to Apple I started with Steinberg Cubase, the SX3 version.

Boy, I am getting older. Am I?

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2011 @ 01:53 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

I’m not convinced… yet....that overall this is a ground breaking release, but it is good to finally have a 64 bit version for the Mac. I have no intention of rushing into buying or using C6 either until I’m ready. As far as the colour scheme...yes, it has changed, but sometimes I have the opportunity of working with three or four other DAWS, so I’ve slowly learned to adjust to a number of different approaches. The changes may be more jarring for those who only use Cubase. It appears the different colours used for different types of tracks scheme has also been changed, and I’m not convinced that was such a good idea. Anyway, like all Cubase releases, I’m sure it will turn out to be useful, and I’m also pleased that after being a missing feature for a number of years, once again Cubase will now link with WaveLab. If anyone is still using XP or Vista or an earlier Mac o/s/ though and wants to use either program...well, I suggest it’s probably time to consider upgrading to Win 7 or Snow Leopard..................frank

PS: re track colours, here’s Steinberg’s response:
“Hello…

Just some clarification. Removing the channel type colors was a deliberate decision in order to remove the “competition” between having track colors and another system based on channel types (there are also event colors, usually following your track colors if you do not color events individually). Besides, it added consistency the way Nuendo uses coloring. What you have now are track colors, which are always enabled (the former on/off switch was obviously difficult to find). You can control the systematic how new tracks should be colored in the Preferences (Editing>Project&Mixer;). You can also use “Use Color for similar tracks” when opening the context menu on the track list, this way you can color e.g. all group channels with the desired color in one go. Channel types are indicated by icons (and your tracks are indicated by the colors you select for them), especially clear to see in at the bottom of the mixer. This streamlines the use of colors in a logical fashion.

Improving ways of spotting different channel- (or track-) types does not have to be necessarily achieved by just using colors, there could be also other ways we are thinking about. But for now that is the system we have implemented.

Btw, regarding “Steinberg loves to have everything dark and grey”: Did you see, already with the release if Cubase 5.5, that you gained much more freedom to setup the general appearance in nearly every color tone, intensity and brightness you wish, incl. reducing the Workspace Brightness to nearly black? That was a request for years. Quite a bunch of people love to have the UI toned back dark and grey - so that the events itself can pop out much better - if you like it this way.

Best regards,
Christian”

[ Ignore ]