mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Korg Kronos details released"

Page 1 of 14
Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 04:31 AM
NickYu
Total Posts:  35
Joined  02-15-2009

http://www.synthgear.com/2011/synthesizers/korg-kronos/

â– 9 synthesis engines on a single workstation, available in 61, 76 and 88 keys. The engines are:
â– SGX-1 Premium piano: Piano German with more than 4 GB in samples. 8 layers, choice of opening angle of the tail of the piano.
■MDS EP-1 Electric piano, electric pianos (with sound “signature” by George Duke, Herbie Hancock Rodan Rudess or others)
■Tonewheel CX-3 organ n: integrating technology famed cx-3 in the kronos. Drawbars controllable from its faders. Leslie Posilibidad to adjust the joystick, from speed to the position you just rotate …
â– MS20-ex Legacy Analog Collection: emulation of vintage Korg MS20.
â– Ex Polysix Legacy Analog Collection: Polysix emulation.
â– AL-1 Analog Synthesizer.
â– NOD-7 Waveshaping VPM Synthesizer
â– STR-1 Plucked String Synthesize r: new generation of modeling. You can choose from the material of the rope, until the tension, the execution (if pick, rub with finger ,etc)
â– HD-1 High Definition Synthesize r: from all types of samples.
■Account with a set of 16 “sets” may be, from Programs, to vans, to sequences. What makes the live performance much easier and full of infinite possibilities. One of the most exciting new features is that you can move from one set to another without interruption of sound (so if you keep notes of the previous set, still playing …)
â– It eliminates the concept appears rompler and integration / provision of more than 12 gb of content hosted on a hard disk SSD. 1 GB of RAM.
â– Has integrated USB connection to your computer, not just save / edit, but also as a USB interface with 2 inputs and 2 outputs.
â– Section 16 effects available. 9-band Equalizer general. Flexible Routing. Professional mastering tools.
â– 16-track sequencer.

Seems that XF has very little possibility beating this monster, 9 synth engines and 16G SSD, 16 effects (if could be routed like IFXs in M3, OMG). The only advantage of XF is its flash, but SSD kills poor Flash both in capacity and performance, and can reduce system booting time greatly…

YAMAHA it’s time you DO SOMETHING, give us some cutting edge things~~

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 05:34 AM
dorremifasol
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  10-17-2005

It will depend on the price. The OASYS had already those features but didn’t sell near as well as the XS. We’ll see…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 05:58 AM
NickYu
Total Posts:  35
Joined  02-15-2009
dorremifasol - 13 January 2011 05:34 AM

It will depend on the price. The OASYS had already those features but didn’t sell near as well as the XS. We’ll see…

Well, I was just wondering why the FM synths and modleing synths disappeared? Yamaha owns the FM patents and did a good job on EX5. I hope to see some revolutionary things like EX5 but not any motif XXXXF things. lol

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 06:48 AM
dorremifasol
Joined  10-17-2005

They have not disappeared, they simply are not made by Yamaha anymore. The FM patent expired many years ago, so now anyone can make FM capable synthesizers. Both my Nord Modular G2 and Nord Rack 3 can do FM synthesis for example. The Nord Wave also can do FM synthesis with up to 4 operators, all editable with knobs in real time.

Yamaha seems to be more focused on other things now, which is good. There are other companies offering more synthesis oriented products.

I understand that most users now don’t want to dive in those details and only need good sounding presets to spark their inspiration or to have a good time playing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 10:28 AM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009

Shouldn’t this be posted in MoLounge?

Anyways, even without alternative synthesis, Motifs have a fairly complex and capable synth engine. I have been able to get a whole lot of sounds out of it.

It is true the EX5 was awesome but the userbase is boring :p Until we start programming more of our own sounds, Yamaha won’t change.

It is really heartening to see Korg step away from the MB range to the GB range and also use multiple synthesis both of which will force Yamaha and Roland to change.

Don’t know why the screen is not tiltable though like the M3.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 03:00 PM
ABmagic
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-17-2010

lool Korg knows exactly what i was always talking about in the past....Now Korg make a Great dream coming true at an affordable price..My vision is finally materialized .. yesss!!, So i was always the man and the adviser for Yamaha .. But they have always ignored my past predictions ..Instead maybe Korg have readed all my past comments regarding advices . And now i’m sure i was right Now u all know the true and the fact that i was right and not crazy exaggerating in the past ... So maybe Yammy is in trouble now .. lol just waiting for the next Motif . I think Yamaha are in a big speed&stress;for building a new one with a right fair price .. I think Kronos will cost maximum 3000$ lool

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 05:04 PM
kday
Total Posts:  401
Joined  02-17-2004

At an affordable price?

Who told you this will be at affordable price?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 05:13 PM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002

Well, the sound demos are just amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1o2Woa8PBk

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 05:49 PM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009
DmitryKo - 13 January 2011 05:13 PM

Well, the sound demos are just amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1o2Woa8PBk

Yes, it is. Korg has changed the game indefinitely. 1st hardware workstation with upper GB range, 9 synthesis types, built in Karma3! Yamaha and Roland (inspite of having their goodnesses) should and will take note.

Korg has taken cues from Yamaha (8 knobs in a row) and Roland (continous switching of performances without breaking).

I promised myself that I would not buy another hardware workstation until I made a couple of albums. With the EXCEPTION if the hardware workstation is drastically improved. And in this case it is, so I will be buying it! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 06:13 PM
dereknae
Total Posts:  485
Joined  03-16-2009

This is what I’m talking about..I’m keeping my xs and will have my eyes on the kronos....Good stuff korg....Flash is great,don’t get me wrong but I want to upgrade to something that touts more than just flash..This is great..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 06:37 PM
dereknae
Joined  03-16-2009

Correction!!!!!I might sell my xs to get this after seeing the demo...Wow.This is what I need....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 06:45 PM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002

http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?type=Search&mid=0&keyword=korg+kronos

Kronos 61
MSRP $3750
street $3000

Kronos 73
MSRP $4350
street $3500

Kronos 88
MSRP $4750
street $3800

Well, with Kronos 88 having a RH3 graded action keyboard and going for only $300 more than the Motif XF8…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 06:52 PM
dorremifasol
Joined  10-17-2005

Will it have piano roll editor and step input? :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 06:58 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Looked over the Korg info and this is like a mini-OASYS (actually pretty slick) but it lacks a number of things compared to Motif XF:

-- no Remote mode
-- USB audio interface is 2x2, vs. FW 16x16
-- no Flash to store your samples across power cycles
-- only 2 “elements” (Korg doesn’t use that term) per patch vs. up to 8 elements in XF
-- only half of 1GB RAM available to user (and only 273MB as shipped)
-- unclear if RAM can be backed up to SSD
-- 12 (single) insert FX means you still can’t have FX on every part (XF has 8 dual inserts)

It’s still pretty exciting but it’s not going to cause every Motif user to jump ship. After all, I can carry over all my ES data to an XF, going to Kronos all my work from the last 6 years is worthless plus I lose Remote mode. Price is still unknown which might tip the scales as well. Now if they offered a module version down the road…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
dereknae
Joined  03-16-2009

It might not cause every motif user to jump ship,but I’m gonna jump ship .....I love my xs,but the kronos has so many things that I(personally)love..So,to me the Kronos is the better board in my case.....And,with those prices I seen,I still will be able to keep my xs....Today is a great day!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 07:22 PM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008

Finally Idiots from yamaha marketing deparment are putted down and i hope thay are all will get fired, because

thay sell us AWM 2 technology over and over and thay did not care about musicians, thay jast cared about cash

thay planed to relise Motif XF rack after 1 years when the Keybord version was relised , because thay whaned to get more cash.

There was not any real reserches done to bring Motif series clouse to VST with quality of sound and possibilities.

Now it seems that Korg Kronos was developed by musicians not buy Marketing department, it offers so many things.

In adtittion of uncompressed sample playback engine it has a bunch of phisical modelling technologies inside.

Well now with Kronos on the market all Yamaha- Roland duo salles will droped about 95 %

but evn if Yamaha will want to bring a new Motif in a week or a month thay won’t be able because to creat a synth wich will be atlist the same as Korg Kronos Yamaha will need alot of reserches and development done.

p.s. I don’t think that Karma is already exiting for Motif Xf because u can have it in Kronos. But Kronos is so much better synth to Motif Xf that only idiot will get Motif Xf instid of Kronos even if price tug for Kronos will be 1000$ more....

p.s. no offence, jast my observetion

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 14

Previous Topic:

‹‹ dave polich, karma for motif...lol...
Next Topic:

Korg Kronos looks beautiful! ››