mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "KARMA for the XS and XF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: January 12, 2011 @ 09:01 AM
MPC5000
Total Posts:  11
Joined  01-19-2005

http://www.yamaha.com/namm/w2011/details.html?CTID=5096620

Sorry to repost, but it applies to both keyboards..... WOW!!

More info on the Korgforms.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2011 @ 09:53 AM
greedo
Total Posts:  48
Joined  11-23-2010
MPC5000 - 12 January 2011 09:01 AM

What do you mean?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2011 @ 12:25 PM
youdog
Total Posts:  482
Joined  01-31-2009
greedo - 12 January 2011 09:53 AM

What do you mean?

He mean Steven (Karma) Kay at namm with motif xs/xf and his Karma together.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2011 @ 02:20 PM
lordbachus
Total Posts:  85
Joined  08-28-2009
youdog - 12 January 2011 12:25 PM
greedo - 12 January 2011 09:53 AM

What do you mean?

He mean Steven (Karma) Kay at namm with motif xs/xf and his Karma together.

No not really the KARMA engine will be used in cooperation and controlled from the Motif…

http://www.namm.org/files/presskits/Yamaha2011NAMMPresskit.pdf

GOOD KARMA: KARMA-LAB RELEASES SOFTWARE
FOR THE YAMAHA MOTIF XS AND XF
Cross-Platform KARMA Motif Software to Be Released at Winter NAMM 2011
BUENA PARK, Calif. Yamaha and Karma-Lab announces the development and release of KARMA Motif Software for PC and Mac. This new entry in the renowned developer’s line of software applications brings the award-winning and patented KARMA algorithmic music technology to the Yamaha Motif XS and Yamaha Motif XF platforms.
“This exciting new collaboration brings the power of KARMA to a completely new user base using the great sounds and features of the Yamaha Motif series,” said
KARMA developer Stephen Kay, who will demonstrate the software at NAMM. “This will add a whole new dimension to the Motif experience.”
KARMA Motif debuts the new KARMA 3.0 technology with a host of new features including eight-track design (six KARMA Modules and two Keyboard Layers) per Performance, per-track Volume and Mute stored in each of the 32 Scenes and the ability to individually adjust the mix of all parts in each Scene. Users are also able to control Velocity Response Curves by individually tailoring the velocity response for the left hand keyboard, the right hand keyboard, the input to KARMA from the keyboard, and the 16 Chord Triggers (pads), without editing the Motif’s programs or songs.
A Fill/Stop Feature allows for the use of one or more modules as a melodic or drum fill with the ability to stop and start other modules automatically. The Advanced Stutter Feature lets users retrigger the entire groove at different rhythmic resolutions,
from machine-gun stutters to slow triplet hits. It also features a real-time Master Transpose function, Chord Triggers that can activate pre-programmed chords, hits, sound effects and even the Motif’s arps. And, with the new KARMA software, all of the buttons and sliders on the Motif’s interface (in Remote Mode) can be used to trigger the Chord Triggers and Fills, the Stutter feature, Scene changes, Scene mixes and real-time algorithmic variations.
KARMA Motif’s Performances use the Motif’s Song/Mixing mode, where each of
the 64 songs is a complete KARMA algorithmic music groove with a left hand and right hand zone for controlling KARMA and soloing on top of it. The Motif’s arps are also
integrated in many performances as additional elements that can be added via the 16 Chord Triggers. While in Song Mode, players are just one step away from recording their KARMA-created musical performances into the Motif’s sequencer, or the output can be routed to any DAW for external sequencing. Furthermore, a KARMA Performance can call up any Motif Voice, Performance, Song, Pattern, or Master slot when loading, so that
KARMA can be used in any of the Motif’s modes.
“KARMA is one of the most innovative and interactive music software programs ever developed,” said Athan Billias, Director of Marketing at Yamaha’s Pro Audio & Combo division. “Combined with the incredible variety of Motif arps and unique features, like real-time Loop remix, KARMA and Motif combine to create one of the most powerful music production platforms available today.”
KARMA Motif Software for PC and Mac ($199) is scheduled to be available directly from Karma-Lab in April 2011.
For more information, visit Yamaha at Winter NAMM 2011, Anaheim Marriott, Marquis Ballroom; write Yamaha Corporation of America, P.O. Box 6600, Buena Park, CA 90622; telephone (714) 522-9011; e-mail ; visit http://www.yamaha.com/press.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2011 @ 03:46 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

Wow… this is unexpected but fantastic news.  A great synth workstation is about to get that much better.  Congrats to Stephen and the Yammy team for putting this together.

How exactly would this be integrated in to the XF I wonder?  Does it live on the PC side and control the Motif via USB/FW/MIDI or is it something that can be installed directly in to the XF OS as a paid upgrade?

What ever the case, this is a day one purchase for me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2011 @ 04:22 PM
LYO
Total Posts:  172
Joined  07-08-2008

My guess is that Stephen developed his Karma software to run externally (Side by side ) with the XF. I’m sure this will be a BIG PUS for both involved and to the XF users.

I have been using Stephens Karma technology (In Korg k/bs) for many years, I cannot begin to imagine how it will compliment what Yamaha has already achieved with there Motif line, but one thing for sure it will add a whole new palette of music making to what already is great. I’m certain it will be KILLER!

I can’t wait to see a video, (Which most definitely will take place)

Congrats Stephen and Yammy!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2011 @ 09:09 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

^^^That makes sense. Thanks LYO!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 02:10 AM
LYO
Joined  07-08-2008

According to the post info above, his presentation of this is Thursday, 1/13/11 @ Namm..
My guess, ..  we will be hearing more about this very shorty..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 05:31 AM
glenmotif
Total Posts:  9
Joined  04-15-2010

fantastic news, this will make the motif a more powerful machine

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 11:31 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Here are some details for you. KARMA Motif is PC and MAC software that connects to the Motif XS/XF via MIDI.

There will be a stream from the Yamaha NAMM website of Stephen’s noon time demo on the Yamaha booth stage.

Karma 3.0 is incredible and the integration with the Motif via remote mode is awesome.

Sorry, we have to run to the NAMM show but enjoy !

File Attachments
KARMA Motif-NAMM (2side)-Athan3.pdf  (File Size: 2721KB - Downloads: 1078)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 12:11 PM
EMANALPHA
Total Posts:  117
Joined  01-11-2008

Congratulations Yamaha!!!!! wow I currently own both the Motif XS6 and Motif XF8. I also have a M3 76 key with the Karma technology I use these keys together in my home studio to create music from both technology/forums. This will definitely add flavor to whatever genre of music you play.
Again “Wow” I will be looking for the video and programs for the Motif. I don’t like the computer stuff because I am a musician that plays live however the karms technology will make me give it a go!!!!!!!!!!!!
For those who don’t know the karma technology the karma technology instantly adds notes, appregiated rhythms, sounds in real time when your are playing. The karma technology gives you different scenes/appregiated effects you can pick from in real time. Off the hook!!!!!!  I have to keep the Motif voices that are so crisp and real yeah this was a good idea!!!!! quite frankly this is gonna be sick (off the chain)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“ALL GOOD.”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 07:07 PM
LYO
Joined  07-08-2008
Yamaha_US - 13 January 2011 11:31 AM

Here are some details for you. KARMA Motif is PC and MAC software that connects to the Motif XS/XF via MIDI.

There will be a stream from the Yamaha NAMM website of Stephen’s noon time demo on the Yamaha booth stage.

Karma 3.0 is incredible and the integration with the Motif via remote mode is awesome.

Sorry, we have to run to the NAMM show but enjoy !

Thanks!! for the pdf! Korg may have a new k/b out, but I’m much more excited about the Stephen’s Karma software integration with my new XF. I just moved from Korg to Yamaha. Now I can have both under the same hood.

I’m more than certain this will be killer and have a ton of questions, but waiting anxiously to see the presentation video.. How soon can we get to see it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 08:30 PM
fuse
Total Posts:  54
Joined  09-23-2002

Loved to hear from someone who tried it. This really could be a nice addition to the XS/XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 11:55 PM
Grandpa Mike
Total Posts:  602
Joined  01-19-2009

Try this video…

Stephen Kay demoing KARMA on an XF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qydInsoZ12E

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2011 @ 04:58 AM
macalister
Total Posts:  151
Joined  09-13-2010
Grandpa Mike - 13 January 2011 11:55 PM

Try this video…

Stephen Kay demoing KARMA on an XF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qydInsoZ12E

Guys, I do care, I love Yamaha and they have to improve with something really good to push Korg out at this time, I doubt it, I doubt, what a tragedy, this is the end of Motif, the Motif ERA is Gone, but the Future is bright, I hope...We hope…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2011 @ 11:11 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
macalister - 14 January 2011 04:58 AM

Guys, I do care, I love Yamaha and they have to improve with something really good to push Korg out at this time, I doubt it, I doubt, what a tragedy, this is the end of Motif, the Motif ERA is Gone, but the Future is bright, I hope...We hope…

I’m just wondering:
Are you referring to the Korg KRONOS? Are you suggesting that most anyone looking for a new keyboard would choose a KRONOS over a Motif?

Personally, I think some potential Motif sales will be lost to Korg, but pricing of the KRONOS and other factors will leave plenty of buyers sticking with Yamaha.

By the way, I suspect that the timing of KARMA software availability for the XS and XF is no accident.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New to the motif, quick question about song mode.
Next Topic:

import voice into motif xf ››